Divorce after surgery

reree6898
on 6/20/17 5:50 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Your always so kind, thanks for the encouragement!

Rachel

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/17 2:03 pm

So sorry to hear what you are going through. My niece's husband left her (moved out) while she was in the hospital having her Roux-en-y. They had been having problems but she was totally shocked how he just up and left. That was a couple of years ago and she is doing much better now. They remain cordial and work together raising their kids.

Great info. from other posters above. A day at a time! Easier said than done but try as you might to focus on you. You are soooo worth it!!!!!

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 2:53 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thanks so much and so sorry to hear how that happened. One day at a time is about all I can do right now.

Kathyjs
on 6/20/17 4:09 pm

Just curious, is your wife obese? This surgery is hard on a marriage. You have to think of you right now. Get the weight off and then see if you can/want to save your marriage. I am so sorry, been thru it twice, thought my world would end the second time but God had other plans and a good man came into my life for 38 years now. Hugs

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 4:11 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

No she isn't and she encouraged me to get the surgery. The funny part is she kept saying I was going to leave her for a skinner woman. So not the truth.

Fredbear
on 6/20/17 6:04 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

A marriage that fails after WLS was going to fail either way... the surgery may have been the reason (or the excuse), but in either case there was a flaw that would have ended it eventually.

Take it as the blessing it is, grieve the loss, and move on... find someone who deserves the new you.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 7:17 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thanks Fred, starting to agree. Thanks for the input.

akanikkie
on 6/21/17 5:46 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

I whole-heartedly agree with this comment. I had a 10 year relationship end 2 years after surgery. While I think my weight loss was a contributor, there were DEFINITELY other things dooming the relationship.

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Hippie Lady
on 6/20/17 8:28 pm - Warren, OH

Take time to read the book "The Emotional First Aid Kit, A Practical Guide for Life after Bariatric Surgery".

There is a Kindle edition.

If you have not already, start seeing a therapist.

Many marriages don't survive this surgery. There are coping skills that will help you through this crisis.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NorcalFF
on 6/20/17 8:30 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thank you so much for the book suggestion. I will look it up and grab it. I am going to start talking with people from my church and this forum has already been very helpful.

Thanks again

Most Active