5 month update - Down 87 lbs!

Teena D.
on 6/16/17 10:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I had my RNY on January 12 of this year - My high weight last August was 294.6, and as of surgery it was 281.3. This morning, (5 months and 4 days) I was 207.2! I can't believe the illusive one-derland is so close.

For me this journey has always been about becoming healthier. I will be 45 in September and was concerned with the affects of obesity on my overall health. In addition to the surgery, last month, I started doing the Beachbody workouts, and ultimately signed up as a coach. I would love to inspire others to be healthy as well. I'm so pleased with how far I've come with exercising. I did these workouts before surgery but improvements definitely come more quickly with so much less excess weight.

As far as other non-scale victories go- I can wear size 16 from most stores and even some 14s from Old Navy (gotta love vanity sizing!). I can cross my legs comfortably, run for the bus when needed, and keep up with my husband and kids. I have loads of energy and I'm loving it.

I truly appreciate all the support from the RNY Menu thread, and I have to give a huge shout out of appreciation to my friend Daisy- she's been there for me since before I had surgery and always answers my texts and messages when I have questions. I hope I can be as successful as she has been.

Here are some progress pics - along with a funny story. I usually don't have a problem with body image- I like the improvements I see when I look in the mirror. On Wednesday, when these pics were taken, my friend posted them on Facebook. She tagged me in the solo one - and I didn't like it at all - I really thought that I looked fat in it, and was not impressed. But as I was scrolling, I noticed some pics of her with "another girl" and I wondered which of our co-workers it was. As I looked more closely, I realized that co-worker was me.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/17 10:29 am
RNY on 04/18/17

Congrats and keep up the good work. I am just two months beyond surgery, so this is inspiring.

Kathyjs
on 6/16/17 12:37 pm

Great job, keep it up. You look very pretty!

Kathy S.
on 6/16/17 3:05 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It's Happy Dance time. You look AMAZING

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active