Just Read Recent OH Article

Kathy S.
on 6/13/17 9:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Just remember we are here to give you what you need. Hugs or kicks in the butt!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

theAntiChick
on 6/13/17 10:32 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I take every statistic like that, and take it as a challenge. I am not a statistic, and I never want to be "average". The terms "expected" and "usually" in my mind are just part of the statistics language and I read it the same way.

My goal weight is well below the surgeon's projections, and she even said that the projections are based on the statistics and not what she would like to see for each patient. She said while she can't give me numbers, her patients that make real changes in their eating habits and get into a good exercise routine almost always beat the projections. The numbers are skewed by the people who think surgery is magic and they don't have to actually change anything about themselves afterwards.

I wish the statistics were actually broken out by compliance. That way, it would be easy to look at the numbers and choose which group you want to emulate. But compliance is generally self-reported and thus not terribly useful for statistics. :/

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Kathyjs
on 6/16/17 12:45 pm

Once I got to the weight that worked for me I went to maintenance mode. I never gained a pound. I do not like the words ' expected regain' it is possible to not have it. I am proof

VSGAnn2014
on 6/18/17 3:17 pm, edited 6/18/17 8:20 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I certainly do not "expect" to regain. At least not regain that I don't take responsibility for re-losing ASAP. Thus far, the most I've exceeded my weight goal is 3 pounds. And then I do what works to gradually lose it over the next few weeks.

Since my WLS, we've had family deaths, cancer diagnoses and multiple other stresses. I've weathered all those storms (some ongoing) without regain. Everything related to regain is caused by my behaviors -- what and how much I eat, how much I move, and quality of my other self care.

FTR, I weigh myself daily. I plan and track my food intake on My Fitness Pal. I exercise 5 days a week. I'm also active in online support groups and see a therapist. That support is very helpful. I intend to continue to seek the support I need going forward.

I'm not average. Never have been. And I don't intend to be average in this area either.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Most Active