Stalled! Again, like every other week!

Kathywalters123
on 5/30/17 9:09 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

I am 6 weeks out too. I tried 600 calories, lost a bit, then stalled. Saw my dietician at 4 weeks, and nurse, both told me to increase to 1000 calories a day. They said my body thought I was starving it and was holding on to everything. I thought it was worth a try. The first week I gained about 5 pounds, but then it started to come off! Pre-surgery weight 270. Now at 240, and losing rapidly. It's only been a couple of weeks on the higher calories, and Feeling much better with more energy.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/17 10:20 am
RNY on 04/18/17

I'm trying to up my calories. It's a challenge just to get in 600-700. I feel like I'm consuming something all of the time. I am only able to put solid food down twice a day. I guess I can try to add one more protein supplement.

Kathywalters123
on 5/31/17 2:40 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

I got some boost protein powder, I add to foods, good protein plus more calories. I also have jello when I need more. My dietician wants me to get off daily protein shakes, but I just don't see how that's possible. She actually wants me up to 1200 cal a day, but that seems like way too much for me. I also can't manage more than two solid meals a day. I'm just trying to remember to slow down and chew more. Hard to do when I've been eating fast and lots my entire life. Good luck to you!

RosieHawk
on 6/1/17 10:11 am - Ottawa, Canada

I was on 3 high quality protein shakes a day forever plus whatever food I could get in. I never really stalled and I think the high protein low carb shakes helped a lot. I also made sure I had decent fat intake or I felt awful. I will say be very careful of what weight you're losing. I not only lost 100% of my body fat but I also lost muscle.

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/17 10:17 am
RNY on 04/18/17

Update: After a long couple of weeks rocking back and forth over the 240 mark, the numbers have finally started to register downward again. Am at 236.6 this morning, and for the first time, my BMI is below 40. While being older makes losing fat harder, I do enjoy one benefit: My water weight percentage stays amazingly stable and I don't have any bothersome 5-10 pound fluctuations due to bloat. That was an enormous issue for me over the years.
Now, I must NOT read any more stories about surgeries that have failed and people who did not lose weight after surgery. My body is stubborn, but not hopeless. I can do this!

Also have to keep in mind that the one thing that "benefits" me when I'm gaining weight, is a pain when I'm losing: I have to lose 50 pounds before I go down a clothing size. It takes that much of a loss before anyone will even notice that I've lost weight. The shape of my body will not change dramatically. It will be the same shape, only smaller with fewer rolls. I won't be one of those people others can't even recognize. The change won't be earth shattering. Sometimes I look down and hope to see a different body, but it's all pretty much the same on the outside. Pants are baggy, though!

Most Active