OH, people do come here for help right?

Cathy H.
on 5/25/17 6:00 pm, edited 5/25/17 11:00 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I also believe that's the post she means, and I agree T Hag. One of the biggest issues was that MANY of us asked the OP a yes or no question..."Do you weigh and measure every bite you eat?" She NEVER answered the question, but circled around it a few times. That was a red flag to a lot of the vets...and I completely understand that.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 9:48 pm

Let me ask you honestly though Cathy, did that give anyone the right to deliberately in her face name call her or degrade her the way they did? It was very sad.

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

Cathy H.
on 5/25/17 10:18 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

To be absolutely certain, I just finished re-reading every word of that thread. I see not one place where anyone called anyone else a name. I saw where the very long comment that I originally didn't read because it made my eyes cross, was responded to by someone who said it was a "nice trolling attempt." Is THIS what you are labeling as someone being name called?

You said in another comment here tonight that this is the first forum you have belonged to online. It's not the first for me, I've been in forums since PCs became household items back i***** That long, rambling post from an account that was created that same day, had all the earmarks of a false story. Frankly, I wasn't surprised that someone called it out. Could they have been a tad more diplomatic? Yes.

If you were so outraged by what was said that you could create a new topic and do your own name calling (yes, it's still name calling even if you don't single out an individual person), why didn't you say something right there? "What the heck? How can you be so insulting when you know nothing about this person?"

Instead, you took the passive-aggressive approach of announcing to the entire site how outraged you were, and "hoping the person it applies to would notice." I had a boss once who used the same management style. Called a meeting to let us all know we needed to make sure we dressed appropriately. ONE person was always a mess. Guess which one person was the ONLY person who did not go individually to the boss and ask, "Is it me?" Why? Because she didn't think there was anything wrong with the way she dressed. By the same token, there's every chance the person you "hoped would notice" would never think that you were talking about them. Therefore, all you've managed to do is make yourself look bad.

Innuendo is as bad as outright speech. You use a lot of innuendo in what you've said here. When someone reads between the lines to your true meaning, and addresses it directly, your response is on the lines of "did I use those exact words?" You and I both know that isn't necessary for you to get the same message across.

So all of this could have been avoided if you had just responded to the insult you felt was uncalled for at the time it happened and to the person who wrote it.

If you can't see the truth in this, then I'm sorry. There is nothing else I can do or say to make you understand.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Gwen M.
on 5/26/17 4:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 6:31 pm

Exactly, their were people who were downright brutal. Thanks T hag!

Cathy H.
on 5/25/17 8:15 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

*there

Livin' La KETO Loca!!

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 9:50 pm

lol right it bugs me when other people do it too but I've been o stressed about other things and my thoughts flow, trying to type faster then my fingers allow lol

Gwen M.
on 5/26/17 4:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You might consider, in the future, avoiding the internet when you're stressed out by other things.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Nikke2003
on 5/25/17 5:19 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Well, I don't find this post to be very nice... so why didn't you just "move on?"

These kinds of things are all subjective. There are plenty of people that think those you listed in your post are the big bullies of these boards. However, I agree with you in that they are some of the most lovely and helpful people around these forums.

I have no compassion for people that make up stories about terminal illnesses. IF you stick around here long enough, you can spot a troll from a mile away. If, somehow, I were proven wrong on my "troll" assessment, I would be the first to apologize. I don't see that happening in this case though.

And, I would highly recommend that nobody change what they wrote. It is considered bad practice in many online communities. If someone felt the need to apologize, they could do an edit or post something additional, but deleting history is not a great idea. Personally, you shouldn't post something you aren't willing to stand behind or leave up for future people to see how much of an asshole you were.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/17 5:28 pm
On May 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM Pacific Time, NotOldMomma wrote:

I keep passing a certain post, trying to bite my tongue. I believe like T Hag said, the what if factor, so I try not to be judgemental. I also believe what I was taught, if you ain't got nothing nice to say then MOVE ON!

RIGHT NOW I'M JUST GOING TO BE HONEST! I stay on OH because MOST of the people on here are GREAT people! MOST of them haven given me great advice, they post awesome suggestions and pointers and MOST are great support systems.

A very FEW of these chicks on here though, are self righteous, nasty cruel WITCHES!!! They're unhappy and miserable with themselves or their lives and are trying to bring someone else down to their level. There's a difference to being HONEST and just freaking RUDE! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, MOVE ON!!! There's one chick if I seen her in real life.... whew let me tell you! It takes everything in me to remember my manners on here.

Idc what's going on in someone's life, it does not give them an open ended reason to be a nasty online bully witch. If a person can't find something nice to say then they need to move the heck on!!!!

99.99% of you on here, I'm sure were depressed and maybe even suicidal at some point. Well guess what, maybe the person that someone's over here bullying is it too. You want their suicide on your head? Stand up to the bullies and speak up for the people who have low self esteem and confidence and can't do it themselves!

I also want to say, that though that particular post has like 2500 views, there's only a few people who were down right nasty. I hope they read this and go change what they wrote. Also let me say, I keep tabs on a select group of people because I find them to be classy and inspiring, I didn't see any of them make any nasty remarks. I may not always see eye to eye with them but they're downright decent people. Like Gwen, a few different Kathy's, peachpie, pammie, Grim, sparkle, I mean that's just to name a few. I pray they didn't say something I didn't see after I just gave them a shout out lol

Yes I agree, sometimes, some of us need to be told the way it is, we just do lol and I'm not above that either but there's NO reason to be a witch! Be honest but consider someone's feelings and show compassion for what you may not know or understand. And like always, if you ain't got nothing nice to say, MOVE ON!

I am sorry for being a little confused:

you stated "if you ain't got nothing nice to say then MOVE ON!"

then you post " A very FEW of these chicks on here though, are self righteous, nasty cruel WITCHES!!! They're unhappy and miserable with themselves or their lives and are trying to bring someone else down to their level"

so you think "people need to do as You Say but not as You Do" right? that should be your mantra... not "if you ain't got nothing nice to say then MOVE ON!" pot is calling kettle black..

interesting...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active