OH, people do come here for help right?

Gina 22 years out
on 5/26/17 1:05 pm - Burleson, TX

Well said. MARY !!

I can't recall ever having deleting something I have posted. If I said, in the FIRST place, I must have MEANT it...My opinion can certainly be enlightened, and Lord knows I've been WRONG many, many, many times, but I can OWN it...ALWAYS

And yes, I agree...people need to learn more about OH, its people, their posting styles, etc, before trying to rearrange the furniture :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/26/17 1:21 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Not to take her side but somewhere in the midst of this post she mentioned this was her first experience in an internet forum. She & others probably don't realize that when they go back to edit their post its like re arranging history. Same goes with deleting posts.

Usually if there was something that I wanted to clarify in my original post, I'll go back, leave the post & add a line at the bottom edited to add: then I'll just say what I wanted to say or clarify it.

It makes it easier to understand how the original post was interpreted/mis interpreted, along with the subsequent remarks to the original post.

I think its just how OH makes the format up. Some sites might be better, but I like it here, but it does take getting used to.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Amy R.
on 5/27/17 11:07 am

What you said T.

I finally slogged through this whole thread. Once the OP mentioned this was her first forum experience everything kind of clicked. Having been on public forums for so long I can't remember not having at least one active at any point in time I do understand/remember how my first experience was so confusing for a bit.

NOT to excuse any nonsense. But hopefully the OP will take under consideration the nature of the responses and make adjustments. I've had my clock cleaned on OH a few times. All I could do about was admit that yes, I had been an ass. And then resolve not to repeat that behavior.

OP: You'll find so much help and encouragement here if you become ready to admit your mis-steps and consider just doing a lot of reading and only a little posting until you get the hang of it and the rhythm of the board. Digging heels in may cause your "orientation" into forum mores more painful than it has to be. If so many people are pointing something out to you it's always worth a look-see to find your part in it. Just my two cents.

Mary Gee
on 5/28/17 4:00 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I don't buy it. Someone her age has been on the internet, unless they've just landed here from another planet. People are born and raised on the internet. My seven year old granddaughter knows how to text her Mom and Dad, does schoolwork, watches YouTube, and plays on the internet. Between text, tweeting, etc. aren't se all familiar with communicating on the internet.

No Facebook page? If you're on Facebook, you're basically on a forum.... you read and respond to posts. I find it difficult to believe anyone over the age of 10 has no forum experience. OK, 99.9% of people around her age are internet savvy. Maybe she's the .1% who hasn't been....a special snowflake. She's familiar with the lingo, isn't she? lol. Familiar with changing avatars, signature lines, blocking, etc. Fast learner? lol

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active