OH, people do come here for help right?

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 4:19 pm, edited 5/25/17 10:25 pm

I am editing my post because I've seen graciousness and kindness and some not so gracious and kind. If you would like to see what the OP said, someone copied and pasted it below. Which is fine, I just don't know how to do that myself. I want to thank everyone who was gracious and kind and the ones who weren't.... oh well, i probably didn't reply too kindly either. If I said something that hurt your feelings, I apologize. Please remember when you're replying to someone's comment, treat others the way you want to be treated. We're all guilty i guess in some way shape or form, yes including myself.

Have a Blessed evening and may you find peace and happiness in the rest of your journey. I'm out!

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

peachpie
on 5/25/17 4:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

While I appreciate the vote for being 'decent', I'll say many times I read posts that are construed as mean, rude etc and think, thank God someone already said what I was thinking. So, I may just be silently riding the coat tails of your proclaimed villains. I can kiss babies and shake hands with the best of 'em though.

Life is not unicorn dust and daisies. I'll always be a cut to the chase kind of gal. Being here a while makes you tired, and nothing in this universe is more irritating than people coming here seeking to be told what they want to hear. Those that have been on the block a few minutes can see it a mile away and call them on the crap. Living this WLS life also make you want to listen to, inspire or help others- so why not plow through the stubborn weeds to get to those blades of grass struggling to grow.

That being said I have no idea what post you are referring to.

And I'm sure you know ALL CAPS is poor form Online... message can be 'heard' without that.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 5:08 pm

Lol I LIKE all caps

There's a difference between thinking things and just outright being nasty "verbally". Oh believe me, I've bitten my tongue and moved on. I've seen others who have found ways to eloquently express what I was feeling and I'm glad they did. Like I said, sometimes people do need to be just told about it, but there's appropriate ways of doing it.

If one doesn't believe another, instead of calling them a liar and a troll or any other nasty verbatim, they can either stay out of it or use words like i'm sorry but that's hard to believe since so many of us have been through that and then ask them to explain what is not believed or understood. Especially when the subject was already delicately approached by another.

LOL IF THEY AIN'T GOT NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEY CAN MOVE ON! LOL

Gwen M.
on 5/25/17 5:27 pm
VSG on 03/13/14
On May 26, 2017 at 12:08 AM Pacific Time, NotOldMomma wrote:

Lol I LIKE all caps

There's a difference between thinking things and just outright being nasty "verbally". Oh believe me, I've bitten my tongue and moved on. I've seen others who have found ways to eloquently express what I was feeling and I'm glad they did. Like I said, sometimes people do need to be just told about it, but there's appropriate ways of doing it.

If one doesn't believe another, instead of calling them a liar and a troll or any other nasty verbatim, they can either stay out of it or use words like i'm sorry but that's hard to believe since so many of us have been through that and then ask them to explain what is not believed or understood. Especially when the subject was already delicately approached by another.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 6:28 pm

AGAIN for the umpteenth time, I'm on my own post, I did move on, to my own post, not on someone else's calling them out and being rude and mean. I'm not pointing out a particular person's name or commenting on their post. I'm not speaking directly to anyone in particular unless they comment on my post then I'll reply. Do you know who I'm talking about? I mean I'm not going to tell but I'm hoping they see this and have a change of heart and rephrase their name calling they did. Or maybe something i didn't see and that person rethinks their comment

Gwen M.
on 5/25/17 6:31 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You seem to believe that you control things online - it's not "your own post" once you post it online in a public forum. It's everyone's post. And anyone can reply as they see fit.

If you need to address something to a person, OH does have a message feature that lets you do that directly. Otherwise, you just look like you're being passive aggressive making posts like this.

And, honestly, I don't care who you're posting about. The person you're posting about likely feels similarly.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

NotOldMomma
on 5/25/17 8:01 pm

Mmmm well I don't believe I acn control things online, nice of you to make that assumption though and you know what they say about assuming right.

Anyway, I never said I "own" anything. But if I post it then I am the OP correct? Hence the meaning of OP internet wide.

Gwen M.
on 5/25/17 8:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

OP = original post

Which doesn't somehow absolve you of your hypocritical and passive aggressive behavior because it's in a post you made versus a comment to someone else's post.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/17 7:40 pm
On May 26, 2017 at 1:28 AM Pacific Time, NotOldMomma wrote:

AGAIN for the umpteenth time, I'm on my own post, I did move on, to my own post, not on someone else's calling them out and being rude and mean. I'm not pointing out a particular person's name or commenting on their post. I'm not speaking directly to anyone in particular unless they comment on my post then I'll reply. Do you know who I'm talking about? I mean I'm not going to tell but I'm hoping they see this and have a change of heart and rephrase their name calling they did. Or maybe something i didn't see and that person rethinks their comment

I am sorry to inform that you don't own anything on OH. OH owns it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/25/17 5:52 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think she's referring to the top right post about the op not losing weight on 1200 calories & the storm rider response I think on the 6th page.

In a nutshell people gave their opinions as to why she wasn't losing the weight & suggestions that wls may work, while others said it might not work & a litany of other suggestions given in a what I'll say as a colorful way.

However some people thought the Stormrider person might have been a troll & had a few choice words for her as well.

I suggest that if you have time read the entire thread, it's a long one! I'll bring some skinny pop popcorn, ok no I won't. I ate it.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active