Food/Exercise Tracking

i_define_me
on 5/22/17 12:31 pm
RNY on 06/14/17

You are correct MFP Syncs with my samsung health app and also syncs with my fitbit aria scale at home my weight automatically updates into MFP.

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 7:42 pm

WHAT?!?!?! That's awesome sauce!

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

bruindiva92
on 5/22/17 1:17 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I started with the free version of MFP and decided after a year to get the subscription so that I could make more modifications to what I was seeing.

For foods that may be inaccurate, I will scan them or enter them manually especially if I eat them all the time. MFP has served me well for almost 3 years now. I don't use it to track exercise or losing weight; just food.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/22/17 7:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I use mfp & find it very useful in tracking my foods plus it has a pretty big database. The numbers for weight loss etc is geared towards people who haven't had wls, so I don't pay it any attention when it shows that I can eat more just because I exercised. Who wants to eat back their calories anyway?

I like the breakdown of what I ate during the day. It shows the percentages when it comes to protein, carbs & fat which were the numbers I was most concerned about. I also like that it works with my fitbit/apple watch.

Just keep in mind a lot of these apps are geared to the general public, not wls patients. Get what you can out of the app or any other app that you'd like to fit your needs.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 7:51 pm

I mean, maybe, in a dream where I'm 20# below goal weight just maybe I can eat back my cals with a big slice of chocolate cake, yummy... HAHAHA lmao now tell me that's not a joke hahaha

Hey how does that fitbit work exactly? I keep hearing about it but I would like to learn more. Does it just track your steps or what?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/22/17 8:11 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Fitbit is a basic pedometer but they have different kinds. You can get a text if someone calls you, some track your heart rate, your sleep, others count the amount of stairs you climb. You can also compete in challenges with other fitbit users. It gives you little badges etc to motivate you to move more.

Go to their website & you can get all kinds of information about them.

I started out with the fitbit one. It's a little tracker that's in its own holder that you can clip anywhere. I thought you could clip it to the inside of your bra, so I put it in the cleavage area, had a real good workout & oops the sweat made the tracker slip out of the holder. Thankfully I had on a good bra & it just stayed in the cleavage area. I checked out their site & found out it wasn't supposed to go on inside that area, only outside. Oops again

I use the fitbit alta.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 9:06 pm

Haha that would be me, my bra is my purse/pocket too. I like the competition thing! Maybe when I progress more I will try one out, I'm very competitive and hate to lose lol.... I'm always the banker when I play my daughter at Monopoly so I can cheat some money from her when she starts kicking my butt, lol she always knows though so it's kinda like a game in the game. Damn kids lol

Jabberwocky94
on 5/23/17 11:39 pm

I freakin LOVE my FitBit. I got the Fit*****arge 2 in February. I also bought a fancy looking band from Amazon so it looks more blingy like my metal watch. Shows the time and date like a watch and my steps. It can also have alarms set. I have my steps set at 6000 and when I meet my goal a little rocket shoots off and the FitBit vibrates. and little fireworks shoot off too. Quite satisfying. LOL Mine tracks how I sleep and my heart rate. and I have it linked with MFP to track water and intake. You can join challenges and add friends. I don't have my phone linked to it. I do not want my FitBit to notify me of messages or calls. That would be annoying to me.

aba1970
on 5/23/17 7:22 am
VSG on 01/16/17

I agree with MFP being inconsistent and unreliable. I use Calorie King as the food and exercise data is not inputted by users - it is all researched and approved prior to being entered into the database. As I depended on these apps and websites for carb counting to insulin ratios, accuracy matters a great deal to me.

MFP is definitely not intended for WLS peeps, and CK has more versatility to customize the program for WLS needs. And frankly I think there is so much misinformation and incorrect data on MFP that it is doing its users a disservice - at least the ones who are not familiar with food values/labels and just take the info at face value.

I am team Calorie King all the way.

What happens tomorrow is the result of what you do today.

aba1970
on 5/23/17 7:23 am
VSG on 01/16/17

I agree with MFP being inconsistent and unreliable. I use Calorie King as the food and exercise data is not inputted by users - it is all researched and approved prior to being entered into the database. As I depended on these apps and websites for carb counting to insulin ratios, accuracy matters a great deal to me.

MFP is definitely not intended for WLS peeps, and CK has more versatility to customize the program for WLS needs. And frankly I think there is so much misinformation and incorrect data on MFP that it is doing its users a disservice - at least the ones who are not familiar with food values/labels and just take the info at face value.

I am team Calorie King all the way.

What happens tomorrow is the result of what you do today.

Most Active