Food/Exercise Tracking

NotOldMomma
on 5/23/17 11:52 am

My knees are really bad, years ago, I was supposed to have replacements when I lost some weight but instead i gained weight and now am in so much pain when I walk. Hopefully, losing the weight will at least make it bearable to walk some. I keep hearing everyone say after the surgery its so helpful to walk, but what about the people like me who can't really walk? Thats another thing thats scaring me. Its nice that you're able to, I envy that.

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/23/17 1:31 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

I would pay when I was in the 300s for walking. I would hurt for days.

Now when I walk, well since I dropped about 130 pounds, I don't have lasting pain at all. I walk maybe 5 miles on a shopping day in heels. As soon as I take my heels off, immediate relief. It used to be I would hurt for a couple days after wearing heels all day. If I walked in sneakers before I would still be sore and my knees would hurt.

I used to be in so much pain kneeling at communion I would almost be in tears my knees hurt so bad. Now I could be on my knees the whole service, doesn't matter no knee pain.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

NotOldMomma
on 5/23/17 2:37 pm

Oh gosh, I haven't been able to kneel in the pews in years!!! And recently I've been contemplating switching religions so maybe I won't have to kneel ever again lol, its just hard to go from a strict RC for 40 years to something else. I've been visiting many different parishes that have different faiths. My daughter is gay and when my priest turned her away, I thought F*** this! My God will not turn anyone away. My God will open His arms and love all His children.

I know it's that religions belief but I was also taught that He doesn't turn His back on anyone. Look at Mary Magdalene, doubting Thomas, Judas, as he betrayed Him, and He didn't even turn on Pontius Pilate as he sentenced Him to die. And for my church to turn their back on my child? Ha! I must be in the wrong church.

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/23/17 4:52 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

Well the Anglican church has gay Priests, so... Maybe check them out

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/22/17 8:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Just because a site doesn't meet your particular needs doesn't make it a joke.

Bariatric patients have very particular requirements in terms of nutrition and metabolism, so of course a site written for the general medical population is probably not going to apply to us.

Example: my husband, who has not had WLS, has successfully lost and maintained 50lb in the past year and a half using MFP's tracking and recommendations.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 7:08 pm

Glad I'm voicing my opinion on a WLS site for bariatric patients ;) Glad you agree that the site "probably not going to apply to us".

Though there are quite a few bariatric people who use it and have the willpower to ignore the taunting of extra calories and it works for them. I'm glad it works for them, I have no such willpower, so it's a JOKE for me, but maybe it wasn't for your husband and those with willpower to ignore it. Just because it's a joke to me, doesn't make it a joke to others lol but to each his own. Thats the beauty of free thinking.

Hippie Lady
on 5/22/17 8:25 am - Warren, OH

I had weight loss surgery in 2007 and started using MyFitnessPal then. I love that it does the math and I can always see my calories, fat, carbs, protein, fiber and water intake. When it integrated with the iPhone, it became even easier.

It is not a tracking site, but If It Fits Your Macros is a site where you can really fine tune those food and exercise goals. iifym.com

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 7:09 pm

That's a site I haven't heard of! I will definitely try it! Thank you!

LynnAlex
on 5/22/17 11:45 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I am not a techy, but I hear MFP downloads/uploads with Garmin and Fitbit and some wireless scales.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/22/17 12:10 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

So do most apps. They are all using a open API for connections.

Most Active