About insurance?

Jeniyahp
on 5/18/17 10:58 pm - Albany , NY

Hi my name is Jeniyah and I stumble across this website gladly it was a bunch of beautiful people supporting each other I have a question. I go in for my first appointment with the surgeon about the surgery. Basically if I qualify, You know things like that. It's stressing me out I'm so worried I might now qualify. Does anyone have Cdphp insuance if so do you know if it covers weight loss surgery ?

Grim_Traveller
on 5/19/17 6:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

There are a million different insurance policies. Probably a hundred variations of cdphp. The only way you can be sure is if you look at your policy, or call the nunber on the back of your card.

Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Jeniyahp
on 5/19/17 7:08 pm - Albany , NY

Thank you .

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/19/17 7:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Your surgeon will tell you if you qualify PHYSICALLY for surgery-- most doctors have criteria on BMI, co-occurring health conditions, etc.-- but cannot give you any word about whether or not your insurance company will pay for the procedure.

Call up the customer service number on your card and ask about the specifics of your coverage under your policy.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 5/19/17 8:10 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Like Grim and Julie said, you have to check with your insurance company about YOUR coverage. I could be sitting next to you, and we both could have Cdphp coverage....I might have coverage for WLS, and you may not. Could be your employer excluded the coverage, and my employer did not. Or I might have Plan A and you might have Plan B. Hundreds of variables.

OH is a great place for general information and support... but for insurance or medical advice, it's best to go to the source.

Welcome aboard! Keep reading.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active