Panniculectomy post-op

Claude73
on 5/18/17 4:58 am
VSG on 09/28/15
Hi all! I am 11 days post-op from panniculectomy procedure on May 8. I have only a little soreness from being on my feet yesterday, but doing great. My question is what kind of activity or exercise did anyone else do at the stage. Thanks!
Hippie Lady
on 5/18/17 8:36 am - Warren, OH

I did go to Walmart and do a lot of walking at one week out. I ended up with drains for three weeks. Once I made up my mind to sit in the recliner and ask someone to get me food and water, the drainage slowed down and finally were removed. Ask your surgeon if exercise is recommended. Mine told me to take it easy for a few weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Claude73
on 5/18/17 9:28 am
VSG on 09/28/15

He did tell me to start walking but don't be on my feet to long. I am planning on going back to work on Monday. You are so right about that recliner, today I have stayed in it more and drainage is a lot less. I get last drain out tomorrow.

LillithsDemons
on 5/18/17 8:38 am
RNY on 03/14/17

sorry to be dum but whats a pannaceltomy?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/18/17 8:54 am
RNY on 12/31/13

That isn't a dumb question, how would you know if you haven't had one or considered one? :-)

A panniculectomy is the removal by surgery of the panniculus, in this case after a large weight loss. The panniculus is the large amount of abdominal skin -- some people call it an "apron" that hangs down.

Hope this helps!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

LillithsDemons
on 5/18/17 5:32 pm
RNY on 03/14/17

thank you. that sounds like a real good thing.

Claude73
on 5/18/17 9:24 am
VSG on 09/28/15

It's a procedure where a surgeon will remove excessive skin around your lower abdomen area, when you have rapid weight loss most will develop what is called an apron.

LillithsDemons
on 5/18/17 5:33 pm
RNY on 03/14/17

thank you i hope you feel real good and all better real quick

Most Active