I don't think I'll ever have plastics

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/17 1:24 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

My stomach is my biggest worry, lord knows it's going to be a disaster and no amount of training is gonna fill that sack lol! If I were to get anything and was in a place where I could afford it easily it would be a tummy tuck and paniulectomy (no idea how to spell it).

Your surgery was so long ago! How are you to this day? I know we have different surgeries, but are you still benefiting from your inside alterations?

* Nicole *
on 5/16/17 3:22 pm

Slightly different perspective...

Im just shy of 12 years post-op DS and was 22 at time of surgery. And things were a bit different for me. I truely and utterly hated my body,specifically my fat suit prior to weightloss and I had muscle for days, an athlete by every stretch. The weights I once lifted truely were in weight lifter range, especially legs. Cause truely I didnt hate me, or the underlying parts of me, just the fat. I never felt "right" in my skin.

After surgery I was actually quite content once the panni was gone (11lbs of skin removed 2.5 years post op) and I wasnt real bad even when I had my panni just sucked on a keeping it clean and problem free in the skin fold. For years I have been fairly content with my body. But over the last 3 years I have really been working myself into "equestrian athlete form"...I wont expect many to totally understand this and that higher trained riders do way way more than "sit there and look pretty".

Anyways, well I am growing ever more displeased with the extra skin around my torso and even more so because my autoimmune causes inflammation of my adipose tissue, which puffs it up during cycles and really ****** me off. Its annoying I hate it and cant believe it took me 9 years to get to the point of hating it this much. I am in a great relationship I have been in for 5+ years, he loves me no matter. So no issue there. Funny thing is yes I have extra skin on my thighs and arms but I have pretty much filled thoes back well to the point they dont bother me, its just my torso.

Most people would tell me go seek counciling so that I dont have that hate. Well truely I love me, I love who I am, I love the frame, muscle etc of my body. I am just annoyed with the excess skin, it never was a "hinderence"....well now it is.

Your frame of mind can change as you go, depending on many factors.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

jenorama
on 5/16/17 3:31 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm almost four years out from my RNY and I still haven't decided yet if I'll pursue plastic surgery or not. I've recently started working out with a trainer to reduce my body fat percentage and build back the muscle I've lost over the last years. I'm hoping this helps me to stay warmer! If I do pursue plastic surgery, I would definitely do my arms as I feel they're still disproportionally large and super saggy. My thighs too are a horror show and I just don't feel confident in shorts.

Give yourself some time and see how you feel about how you look. Don't be down on yourself--keep in mind that you're much more healthier than you used to be, loose bits and all! :D

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/17 7:55 pm

I think you are learning to love yourself on this journey. It may sound corny. I think it is great that you want to become strong.

I have thought about plastics for myself. I can't afford them right now. I also look at my addictions I have with food and alcohol.

With plastics I would constantly find things to fix on my body.

I am totally for plastics if it is what the person wants.

Just keep plugging away on your weight loss. And getting stronger and healthier.

seattledeb
on 5/17/17 1:15 am

I watched a woman on here who kept having surgeries and she never felt like it was enough nor did she like the way she looked.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/17/17 7:04 am
RNY on 08/21/12

She still pops in once a year or so. I think her name is MyBariatricLife? I couldn't even count how many plastic surgeries she's had, or how much money she's spent, or time. And I don't think she's even a tiny bit happier now than she was before.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

seattledeb
on 5/17/17 11:53 am

No it was someone else. It was painful to watch.

Amy R.
on 5/17/17 3:10 pm

Did her name start with a letter "A." Deb?

seattledeb
on 5/17/17 8:00 pm

No. I guess there have been a few. To me it's so sad to spend all the money and go through all that pain and hate what it looks like.

I just decided long ago to like what I look like no matter what my body looks like.

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 7:26 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! I couldn't imagine being addicted to plastics, though I can see how it could become that way for some. Mostly, I am a huge baby when pain is involved. I turn back into a toddler throwing tantrums when I'm hurt lol

Most Active