I don't think I'll ever have plastics

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/17/17 7:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yup, if someone blocks you their replies won't show up on a discussion page-- at least, not while you're logged in.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/17/17 8:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Yes, she likely "blocked" you -- because while she is perfectly comfortable doling out straight talk to others -- she apparently can't handle it being directed at her.

That is why the cruelty of her responses belies how she really feels about herself, and really nothing about you.

It seems her "inside" matches her "outside" pretty well. No amount of surgery will be able to repair that.

Pity.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 7:33 am

I also left out a comma in my reply back to you. Don't see a edit button from phone! Thank you for bringing to my attention that I had posted incorrectly I would never want someone to think I supported such mean and negative behavior. Nothing worse then a bully.

Cathy H.
on 5/16/17 4:39 pm, edited 5/16/17 9:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Interesting that you consider my response hateful, when it was merely direct and to the point, yet your responses you don't consider negative, just "your honest opinion." As for 10 paragraphs, I could have done it in 2 but it would have been harder to read.

Nobody suggested you candy coat your question, but how about phrasing it in a way that isn't condescending (for example, your use of the words "fictitious or real"). How about "I see your goal is to lose 325 pounds. That seems like a big goal to achieve, do you feel that it's realistic?" See, amazing how that doesn't imply the person you're asking is a dolt living in a fairy tale?

You repeatedly listed reasons her desire to be happy with no PS were pie-in-the-sky dreams. I don't see how you feel that is helpful in the least.

Finally, I see you blocked me. Well, that means you won't see my response, and that's fine. I'm happy to be blocked, have a happy life

P.S. Yes, I can see what you wrote, because COMPUTER TECH!! lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Grim_Traveller
on 5/16/17 5:42 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On May 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, OutsideMatchInside wrote:

If I come across as negative it is because a lot of my journey has been fairly negative. All the people that had surgery when I did or before, people that were larger than me and smaller. I have passed them all up. They are all still plus sized or no where near their goal and regaining.

Being successful at something that other people are not that successful at brings out a lot of feelings and reactions from people that you don't expect.

Work out buddies don't want to work out because they can't keep up. Friends don't want to go shopping because we don't shop in the same stores.

When you are super morbidly obese no on ever expects you to get to normal sizes. Not even doctors. When you do the reaction are fairly shocking.

Even in the WLS world there are very few people that can relate to my starting place and where I am now.

It has been a lonely solitary experience that just seems to be going further down that exclusionary path...

You're my hero.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/16/17 9:43 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Or perhaps this has been a "lonely solitary experience" because of your frequently snippy and judgmental tone?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/18/17 2:43 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On May 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, OutsideMatchInside wrote:

If I come across as negative it is because a lot of my journey has been fairly negative. All the people that had surgery when I did or before, people that were larger than me and smaller. I have passed them all up. They are all still plus sized or no where near their goal and regaining.

Being successful at something that other people are not that successful at brings out a lot of feelings and reactions from people that you don't expect.

Work out buddies don't want to work out because they can't keep up. Friends don't want to go shopping because we don't shop in the same stores.

When you are super morbidly obese no on ever expects you to get to normal sizes. Not even doctors. When you do the reaction are fairly shocking.

Even in the WLS world there are very few people that can relate to my starting place and where I am now.

It has been a lonely solitary experience that just seems to be going further down that exclusionary path...

Have you ever considered therapy? I don't mean this to be cruel, but it sounds like there might be underlying issues why your life is a "lonely solitary experience."

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/20/17 4:38 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

That is actually the thing I worked out in therapy. That it is a solitary experience that no one else is going through but me and I can't really expect other people to understand something they aren't experiencing.

My friends are all either naturally thin or obese and not trying to lose. There is no one in my social circle that has experienced what I have and that is something I had to accept.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/20/17 6:49 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am not sure I understand how that matters in a friendship? I mean, certainly there's more to you, your life, and your social relationships than weight loss -- right?

All my friends are either naturally thin, normal sized, fat, or obese -- none of them have had WLS or shared my experience -- but what does that matter? Certainly there are other things to talk about and life experiences to share.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 5:31 am

Stay happy and encouraged as you are doing wonderful!!! never let anyone steal your Sunshine and Joy!!!

Most Active