NSV

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 7:32 pm

I was lucky enough to be invited to my friends sons wedding this weekend. Not only did I dance my ass off. I did it sober for the first time.

I felt so free. I didn't care what people thought. I just had fun.

Life in the past four years has changed. It hasn't always been easy. But so worth it.

Changes do happen after surgery. Some good some bad. But I would not change what I have chosen to do.

It is amazing how having the surgery has made me really learn about myself. Put myself before others. Learning that I need to be happy so others are.

Taking the time to say I am worth it. I had the surgery to get healthier. Trust me I have gotten a big head at times. Then I have other times where I feel like I look like I did at 322 pounds.

Learning to love ourselves is part of the hardest battles. Making eating healthy a priority in the house will only help everyone.

Coming here for support and to give support I feel is a major part of making changes in our lives. I know when I help someone I feel better about myself.

Not like holy crap aren't I wonderful. Just knowing someone else is out there and just maybe reading and not posting. May help someone.

I wish the surgery was done on my head. But that is a change that happens over time. I still want to drown my sorrows in ice cream. Or just eat it because I want it.

One vet here has posted. And is always in my head. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. One other one was to be kind to yourself and forgive.

Sorry for the rambling. I feel like I have been given wings to fly. Even at 50.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/8/17 8:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 5/8/17 10:17 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Wish I could do cool stuff like Julie! I'll just say Fly like an Eagle! And dance whenever you have a chance to.

We're so fortunate to have had WLS...but, like you, I wish there was brain surgery too. We just have to keep working at it. Not always easy, but the positive results are so worth it.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 4:58 am

Trust me it is daily with my head. Daily.

Gina 22 years out
on 5/9/17 3:36 am - Burleson, TX

Yours is the first thread I am reading, this Tuesday morning. It i****ting me like a burst of much needed sunlight!!

PLEASE post a picture, of you from that wedding. Yea, I KNOW you have one :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 5:00 am

I hope there are pictures. I really didn't take any. I just wanted to enjoy the day. I have a picture of my best friend and myself. It is goofy of course. We have been friends since we were four.

I will post later I can't figure it out.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 6:02 am

This is the only picture I have so far. I know the photographer took pictures of me dancing with my friends grand daughter. I hope there are some good ones.

My friend and I have been friends since we were four.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, eyeglasses and closeup

This is her and I around 10

Gina 22 years out
on 5/9/17 6:12 am - Burleson, TX

LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 6:32 am

Thanks. We still talk about the good ole days. But we talk about life now. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

I can talk to her about everything. Never judges me.

Kathy S.
on 5/9/17 12:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active