What are we like besides our WLS?

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 8:10 am
VSG on 01/12/17

You must be so talented with your art and crafts! I can imagine how fun a craft show would be. Painting has always been my prefferd art medium but have recently been trying to learn to knit through YouTube videos.

Jester
on 5/9/17 9:40 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

Fun thread!

I am 43, married to my wife for 19 years. I am the father of two amazing children - a 19 year old son (currently attending Michigan State University) and 12 year old daughter who is in 7th grade.

I am an absolute maniac about Michigan State football and basketball, with an unhealthy love of college football in general. I have season tickets for football and spend every home game Saturday on campus with my family and former roommates from when I attended MSU many years ago.

We are fortunate that my wife is able to stay home to be there full time for the kids and to run the household. We love to travel and do so both as a family as well as take side trips with friends, etc. One of our goals is to see all 30 MLB stadiums, and as of this weekend when I take in a Diamondsback game on my golf outing to AZ I will check stadium #22 off my list.

Other than that I love spending time with my family, my daughter is heavily involved in competitive dance which keeps us all busy. Living in Michigan, we try and take full advantage of the summers here and spend most weekend out on our boat, or traveling around the state.

CC C.
on 5/9/17 10:18 am

I have a friend who wears a Spartan t-shirt every day of his life, either under a dress shirt at work or on it's own. MSU has some of the most loyal fand I've ever met!

Jester
on 5/9/17 1:26 pm
RNY on 03/21/16 with

We bleed Green for sure! Such an amazing university with a stunningly beautiful campus and an awesomely diverse student body. I'm extremely biased, but I love that place and am so appreciative I had the opportunity to get my degree from there and experience everything it had to offer! Probably half my casual wardrobe is Spartan gear - I ever recently bought some custom made Nike high-tops in Spartan Green & White with the University logo on them - AWESOME.

* Nicole *
on 5/9/17 10:02 am

Who am I....thats pretty deep and certain places in my brain we dont need to go, lol. But what most see me as

The equestrian....have 6 horses might be up to 8 by mid next year. This is almost a full time job itsself. I mainly ride dressage anymore but going to start dabbling into reining as my fiance finally found something hes into in the competitive side of the horse world, lol. But I have the 20+ years experience.

The Flattie owner (flat coated retriever), my dog is something else. He hides the real him untill someone has been around him long enough. Hes opinionated, demanding and has a high quality pallet (many of folks on here eat things he will never touch, lol).

The engineer... I love building my own trucks instead of buying them. As I cant buy what I want. Having power, economy, functionality, and looks for the fraction of a new vehicle that doesnt meet what I want. I also am a Power/Stationary engineer aka I run and fix the machines and such that create electricity and other process use steam. And keep it working at optimal levels.

Im the loner and a good time haver. I HAVE to have my quiet time, or I can become quite the bear. But I also enjoy having a good time as long as my body cooperates.

I love doing yoga, not only for the stress relief but for the fitness side. As I am adament of being just as much an athlete as my best show horse.

I also enjoy some video games for a I need a break from reality moment. But I love my retro games Atari and NES.

Ive been called a walking enyclopedia too. In a good way not bad.

Theres a smidgen of me. LOL

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 1:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I have always been afraid of horses. I'm not sure where the fear stems from though, I've never had any negative experience with horse before! I do think they are beautiful and intelligent creatures though, just have trouble going near one if the chance comes up! At least I was never a kid who cried about wanting a pony for my birthday, lol.

It's amazing that you build your own trucks, you must be crazy smart and good with machines. Thank you for sharing about yourself! I'm so happy that people are getting to know more about each other.

Kristi T.
on 5/9/17 10:19 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

This is an excellent question, but a hard one to respond too. I am really not sure who I am. I have spent my entire adult life being an overweight caretaker to others. So I am trying to figure this one out.

I am not married and do not have any children. I am a mom to a very spoiled, much loved rescued Pomeranian. She is street wise, smart and very much a tom boy. I am a proud sister to a brother that I raised due to ill parents. He grew up to be an amazing father and husband.

I left my profession in 2012 after working for 24 years as an R.N. specializing in Orthopedics. I now work during the summer months at our Visitor Center helping people navigate Glacier National Park.

I love to work in my garden and flower beds. I love to hike and discover new trails with my trusty companion. I play a weekly game of Mah Jong with a wonderful group of women and do Bunko monthly as well. I crochet to keep my hands busy and love documentaries on Netflix.

I care for my elderly mother who lives with me.

I am sure with time I will discover more about myself. Thank you for posting this question Mershmellow.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 2:00 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous that you play actual Maj Jong. I am crazy over the various apps and games online and have studied real Mah Jong, it is by far my favorite "board" game.

It's never too late to discover who we are. Like you, for a long time I couldn't tell you who I was really. I was always trying to make other people happy and make sure they were okay. My grandmother raised me from a teenager on and we took care of each other. I was always trying to make sure I was there for everyone else in my life as well, to be the good person and not cause issues. I am figuring myself out more and more every day now that I have started doing for myself.

Kristi T.
on 5/10/17 8:37 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

It isn't very often I find someone who plays the board game, yea! It took me one year of lessons and studying before I felt comfortable with the game. We played 3 games last night and I won one! I have never played it on the computer or used any apps, I am afraid it will confuse me:-)

I am glad you have found ways to start doing things for you, to make yourself happy. It's a hard transition, and I am 50 years old!!! But you are right, it's never too late!

theAntiChick
on 5/9/17 12:10 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I love to read (sci-fi/fantasy and historically-based bodice rippers mostly) as well as mess around with a number of crafts - spinning fiber, knit, crochet (a little), beading, wire work, polymer clay. I was a paramedic when I was a young adult, then went into computers and did database work for many years. I then had a midlife crisis and went to nursing school. Worked ER and long-term ICU until I was diagnosed with rheumatoid disease. Now I am in the home stretch for my master's degree in Healthcare Informatics and work in the IT department for a company that does genetic testing on tumors to help target effective treatment. I hope to move into a management role for a hospital or network in the next couple of years. I am very happily married (3rd time's a charm), and have a college aged daughter from my first marriage and 4 bonus kids ranging from 13 to 26 I acquired with hubby. We have 2 cats (Princess Buttercup and Ginny) and 2 dogs (Kara and Kaylee).

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active