What are we like besides our WLS?

Kristi T.
on 5/9/17 10:33 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I bet he does!!!

* Nicole *
on 5/9/17 10:53 am

So a half-igander, lol. Im a full Michigander, who works in Ohio,lol.

My pupper is just a few months shy of 9.5 years.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

CC C.
on 5/9/17 11:22 am

Ha, half-igander! I like that. Being a bit of a weather wimp, I chose the warmer half... I love flat coated retrievers. They look just like black goldens. He's gorgeous!

Erin T.
on 5/10/17 12:39 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I get seasick too! I wish I loved boats, but sometimes watching the waves too long makes me sick! From shore!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 5/10/17 12:46 pm

Ha, from shore! My dad and his wife have 4 boats and I wish I loved being on them. They are so pretty, but feeling green or throwing up is not my idea of a fun afternoon!

Knitter215
on 5/8/17 7:28 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

I am a lawyer. I am a wife of 19 years. I am a mother of a high school senior (daughter) who is headed to college in the fall and another daughter starting high school. I am the "mom" to three rescued dogs - a retired racing greyhound, a border collie mix and a beagle mix.

I wish I had time for reading. I love to read, but maybe in the future. Usually, I listen to audio books as I drive the kids around. I work 30 hours a week at a law firm, I teach knitting and used to own a yarn shop. I love all things yarn and fabric - I sew, knit, quilt and craft when I can.

Since my surgery, I've started working with a personal trainer and taken up foil fencing. I love to travel.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 7:59 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Great idea! I'm a new mom to a beautiful baby boy. I work 1-2 nights per week at a job that I love and take care of my son during the day. I'm married to the most wonderful guy, and we've been together for 11 years. I theoretically like to knit, go on bike rides, garden, hike, read, and kayak....but these days baby care, work, and sleeping whenever possible take priority.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 9:33 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

It's really nice that you are able to do a job you love AND stay home days to take care of the new baby. I can't even imagine how busy you are with a baby to care for and love! All the business is definitely worth it though, I'm sure.

Simplyb
on 5/9/17 1:20 am
RNY on 04/12/17

What a great thread, certainly adds dimension!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

denaraye
on 5/9/17 4:25 am - MI

Good Morning!

Thank you for your post. We do have lives outside of WLS and it is important for us to focus more on the things we love to do. I LOVE to paint and do other crafts. I paint a wide variety of things but love to paint things that you'd see in a nursery - they give me a lot of joy. I also love to paint flower garden type images sort of "Romantic Impressionist" genre. While I do work full time as a public servant of sorts, I also do a few craft shows a year. This helps to pay for my crafting supplies and empty my stash so I can make more. I also love to read and am always up for a good movie! I am married and we have five adult children and one child still at home. We are also proud grammy and papa to three wonderful grandchildren and are blessed to be expecting two additional grandbabies later this year. My fur baby - a Shih Tzu named Penny (Big Bang Theory fans).

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Most Active