What are we like besides our WLS?

Gwen M.
on 5/10/17 10:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My partner is a cinephile... before him, I didn't even care who directors of movies were or anything! ;) But he'd happily see every movie that comes out in the theater, and I'm happy to join him. At one point we worked our way through IMDB's entire top 250 which was quite the project. I also love horror stuff although I'm sad that the last horror game I was super excited about kicked my butt so I never got very far. Sigh. Loving them and being good at them are two different things.

Voice lessons are pretty awesome, but even after five years or so, scary. But that's why I started - to get outside of my comfort zone and I've been glad that I did. I've got a recital coming up in a few weeks and they never get less terrifying :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ThatMeanOne
on 5/10/17 9:08 am
VSG on 08/22/16

Me too! Been with my husband 30 years. Girlfriend 8 years. Don't meet many people open about it.

Gwen M.
on 5/10/17 10:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Awesome - and congrats on the 30 years! That, in and of itself, is an accomplishment.

I also don't meet many people who are open about being poly, but I've really lucked out with having a super accepting friend group. I'm still super paranoid whenever it first comes up in conversation with a new potential friend, but most people respond surprisingly well.

One of the last people I disclosed to simply said, "Wow, you must have a lot of laundry." lolz :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ThatMeanOne
on 5/11/17 9:28 am
VSG on 08/22/16

I flip flop a lot - some days I'll tell everyone with complete disregard and some days I'm more guarded. I think it depends on the vibe I get from them - or my cycle - or something.

The others are more careful - she is cautious because of her job and he struggles with his Catholicism.

I have no such worries - though my family is the most difficult and I lost a lot of friends when I stopped being furtive and started being more open.

The laundry OMG. I can totally agree with that. Mr MeanOne and I have two grown sons - one of which is moving back home Saturday - and Miss MeanOne and I have a multiply disabled 10 year old daughter. Both of them wear uniforms and I go to the gym everyday. The laundry is never ending!

im so glad you have supportive friends it makes such a difference. Most of Miss MeanOne's friends were in the alt community so they were very accepting - but I am pretty much an island now.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 5/8/17 5:43 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I'm husband to my beautiful wife of 9 years. A father of one awesome 7 year old son. I've worked my regular job for over 13 years where I am the supervisor of my department. I've turned down multiple advancement opportunities including being a trainer over OR, WA and ID because my family is more important.

I've never been to high school. I graduated from our local college the same year that I would've graduated high school.

I was heavily involved in Boy Scouts. I am an Eagle Scout. I was the shooting sports director at Camp Makualla for 5 seasons running the rifle, archery and shotgun programs. When it comes to shooting I'm quite proficient. My son is a Cub Scout and I'm involved in his pack.

I love anything outdoors. We camp, bike, hike and shoot. If something has an engine I'm interested in it. I have multiple automotive projects going on. I own multiple motorcycles. I used to have quads. It is a terrible disease that everybody should have.

We just bought a car wash not too long ago that needs a lot of work. My wife is running it. So far it is going decent.

I don't understand people who say that they did nothing with their weekend and they truly did nothing. It isn't uncommon for me to work 55-65 at work and never slow down on the weekend. My boss had VSG a year before me with the same surgeon in Mexico. She called him and had him stress to me my weight limits because she knows me too well...

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 6:41 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Your wife and son are lovely and I think its great that you have so much going on. My grandfather would have loved you, he was a mechanic his whole life, fixed up and worked on cars bringing old beat up vehicles to life beautifully. Motorcycles, cars, trucks, anything with a motor he had his hands on. Him and my grandmother built their own garage business in their backyard, she was a hairdresser and he would fix just about any problem someone could bring over to him.

CC C.
on 5/8/17 7:23 pm

Nice question! I'm not married nor do I have children, but I have a big fur baby! A 9.5 year old very hairy golden retriever, who in this picture is wondering why I'm not taking him on a walk yet...

I am lucky enough to split my time between CA and MI (summer). I love to cook, read, walk the dog, garden, knit, hike, and watch movies. In MI, I have a big vegetable garden, just got a bike, and this summer am planning to get a paddle board. My dad and his wife are in MI when I am, so it's great to spend lots of time with them, though they love to sail every day and I get seasick . I normally volunteer a lot, but recently ended working with one group. I need to find a new gig!

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 9:31 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

What a cute old pupper! I adore animals so much, my baby is my youngest dog, Kiki. I've spoiled her and she's so sweet and smart.

Kristi T.
on 5/9/17 10:23 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

That face melts my heart Cecily!

CC C.
on 5/9/17 10:30 am

He gets away with a lot with me because of his sweet squishy face!

Most Active