What are we like besides our WLS?

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 4:32 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I hope this isn't misplaced, but I was just thinking about myself and many of you all on the forums. Our main similarity is of course our WLS, but what else are you all like? We're not just our surgery and weight loss after all! I for one am an avid reader, and play tons of video games, probably too many, but I love them. I also love to pain****er colors, especially of colorful birds. I'm not married, and don't have any children, but I do have pets, a cat named Crazy, a pitbull named Kiki, and a chihuahua named Evie (after the Pokemon, of course).

What do you all enjoy in your time?

gbears
on 5/8/17 5:03 pm

Hey! I love this idea!

I am also an avid reader and would probably cry if something happened to my Kobo.

In my spare time I live to bake and garden (Sumner only) and my husband and I make furniture or accent pieces.

Although my husband isn't a big sports guy I also play men's rec league hockey. I have also done 10km and half marathon walks with my mom. We were hoping to do the Flying Pig Marathon this past weekend but we had to defer to next year since I tore my MCL last year.

My husband and I do not have any kids but we do have a giant suck of a Basset Hound named Finnigan and a very sassy ginger cat named Pekoe.

Lap Band - 07/08 (not filled long) Referral OBN 04/16, Orientation 09/16, Nutrition Workshop 4/7/17, Nurse 4/24/17, Psych 5/15/17, Dietician 5/24/17, Internist 6/13/17 Consent 7/10/17 Surgery 9/29/2017

HW 4/17: 267 Opti Start 9/16/17: 254 Surgery 9/29: 240.8 M1:-18 M2:-14 M3:-9 M4:-5 M5:-6

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 6:31 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Your make furniture and accent pieces? That sounds awesome, I love that. I've never been a sports person, but I do plan on going to see a baseball game this summer, my home team is The Royals. Not a baseball fan, but I feel like it's something I should at least try once. I'm not sure what the flying pig marathon is, I don't think I've heard of it before.

gbears
on 5/8/17 6:41 pm

It is a marathon in Cincinnati. It is walker friendly and there are a bunch of other fun race parts. Not too many marathons are walker friendly. We actually live in Southern Ontario but it isn't too bad of a drive down.

My husband is a rough carpenter (framer) but he is so meticulous that he makes some amazing finish carpentry projects. It is fun to do but our garage is getting rather full with all of the tools. It is a great thing to have because it makes gift giving more special and personal (and less painful on the wallet). It is also good to do things together on the weekends since I tend to work 60+ hours a week.

I am a Jays fan so we have a similar experience with a team that has been great the last few season and had a rough start! I would check out a slow pitch or 3-pitch league?. There are also lots of charity baseball tournaments that you can check out if you just want to do a day. In the end it is just about going out, having fun and getting some exercise and fresh air!

Lap Band - 07/08 (not filled long) Referral OBN 04/16, Orientation 09/16, Nutrition Workshop 4/7/17, Nurse 4/24/17, Psych 5/15/17, Dietician 5/24/17, Internist 6/13/17 Consent 7/10/17 Surgery 9/29/2017

HW 4/17: 267 Opti Start 9/16/17: 254 Surgery 9/29: 240.8 M1:-18 M2:-14 M3:-9 M4:-5 M5:-6

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 6:49 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Now that I have lost some weight and my life is moving forward I feel that I want to get out and do more stuff. Before, I was content with staying inside on my own, but now I crave a bit more out door time, so seeing my first baseball game is a fun step. I'll probably still always enjoy my indoor alone time with a game, or a book, but now I have a lot of new things I can add to my list. I see in your signature you're on your way to getting surgery, I'm sure it will go great! At first I was scared that it was a huge, wrong, decision, but now I can't imagine not doing it, best decision of my life.

Erin T.
on 5/8/17 5:26 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm also an avid reader. I love to travel. I work in IT Management at a University, and I'm a Lularoe consultant. I'll be married 10 years next month and I have two daughters who are 11 and 8. We also have a dog (Piper), a cat (Gretel), and 5 chickens (Ruby, Winnie, Esther, Spaz and Butterscotch)! We live in extreme upstate NY in a big old house that used to be a church rectory, and we run an Airbnb.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 6:32 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Omg, five chickens lol. I would always be pestering them wanting their attention to try and play with them. I used to always dream of owning at least one duck that I could raise from a chick and spoil rotten.

Erin T.
on 5/8/17 6:46 pm, edited 5/8/17 12:00 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

We love them! Three of the hens came to us via funny cir****tances (Ruby, Winnie and Esther and a rooster we don't have anymore). My BFF who lives 500 miles from me had them as her back yard pets and just loved them to death. They were moving to a new development that didn't allow chickens and she made me promise I'd take them. So, my husband I drove half way to her (to Central PA from Upstate NY) and picked up 4 chickens in a Rubbermaid tub and drove them back to NY.

We stopped at a Sonic on the way home and the whole time this very young waitress on roller blades was delivering our food, the rooster was crowing his head off in the back seat behind tinted windows. She did not even crack a smile. No reaction. None. Hahaha.

Each of them has their own personality. Ruby is the leader and acts a bit like a rooster, corralling her flock. She also loves meal worms and will come running at full speed if you shake the bag. Esther is a lover that the kids love to pick up and play with, and take selfies with. She lays blue eggs. Winnie is a loner and doesn't like anyone to touch her. Spaz (hen) and Butterscotch (Rooster) are bantams who are much smaller. Spaz lives up to her name and is super jumpy and wants nothing to do with us. She lays tiny little eggs that weigh in smaller than a "small egg". I call them Bariatric Eggs . Butterscotch is the least Rooster-y Rooster ever. He has anxiety issues, because the big hens won't have anything to do with him. He won't eat until they have eaten and won't touch treats until they say he can.

The three big girls, left to right: Ruby, Winnie, Esther

Esther showing off her chicken selfies with my kiddo.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Gwen M.
on 5/8/17 5:36 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Most of my life is taken up with being a full time student. I'm finishing my AA in Exercise and Sport Science next week. Then I'm going to dual major for my BS with Gerontology/Aging Services and Health Management Services. I hope to be working in my field by then, but continue school with a MS in Health Care Administration.

Beyond school.. I take voice lessons and sing in a local choir. I take quite a lot of fitness classes at my local community college, I run, and I get to 3-4 races a year. I don't have a lot of time for many other things but I do coordinate a local cookbook club and, in theory, I'm an avid reader, board game player, and all around gamer geek but just don't have tie for those things these days. I'm also a very avid moviegoer and still manage about 50 movies in the theater a year. (Prior to school it was around 100.)

I have no pets currently, I'm poly and live with my two partners (I've been with one of them for 22 years and the other for 11), and my dad died in April 2016 so that's a big part of my existence.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/17 6:36 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

From some of your other posts I've noticed that your days are always so full of things! You seem to always be on the go, but I think that's great. I took voice lessons in high school and a couple years after. I always enjoyed singing, but I'm so shy that it stopped me from progressing into much. I don't think I've been to the movie theater in years, but I do a lot of watching at home via netflix, hbogo, and shudder. My favorite is definitely horror though, horror shows, movies, games, anything horror related and I'm all over it.

Most Active