My 600-lb. Life Where are they now? Teretha & Chad

Kathy S.
on 5/5/17 9:09 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I have to admit I am these "Where are they now" episodes. I know they did it on purpose but you really want the best for them and hope to see their dreams coming true. We know how many speed bumps we can encounter along the way. I had 200 pounds to lose and I can't imagine staying strong to lose 400 or more

Teretha had me talking to the TV again. GET OUT OF THAT BED! I have never seen such fear to walk..... When she went home I really thought it's over, she will never get up. But to her credit she admitted Dr. Now was right and her family was not able to get her to walk. My heart went out to her husband, he really was suffering with his own health issues. When they showed her walking around and cooking for her family I was like YES

Chad, OMGosh the phase incredible shrinking man applies to his journey big time. I had such respect for him wanting to get back to work and care for his family. But when he decided to go back on the road I was so worried. I think a truck driver has so few choices on the road and it's such a sedentary life style. He stumbled, but when he took his family on the road with him I was so proud and the family memory will be in the kids heart forever. Go Chad

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Patty R.
on 5/5/17 9:42 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I think this season has shown that WLS is not a one size fits all procedure and that is as much in your head as it is what you put in your mouth. Something we all know!!

They have shown this to the extreme poin****ching people with emotional problems, coping by overeating and bulling family to get food, is disturbing to watch, but these situations are real and do exist. That's how these master manipulators, who can't even get out of bed, gain to the tune of 1000 lbs.

It is so uplifting to watch the success stories, and so sad and even angering to watch those who don't.

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Kathy S.
on 5/5/17 1:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I agree Pat! Have you watched Nikki's story yet? I LOVED HER! Will post about it Monday. So if you have no****ch it!

Patty R.
on 5/5/17 4:29 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Yes I did watch!! I love the update stories!

Kristi T.
on 5/5/17 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Wait until you see this week's "Where are they Now" episode Kathy! I won't spoil it for you, but it's about Nikki Webb(I think that's her last name) She was one person I never forgot about, I am excited for you to see this one!

I was really proud of Chad too, he has such an amazing support system!

I thought it was over for Teretha as well, but she did it....she got out of bed!

Kathy S.
on 5/5/17 1:03 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Kristi,

I watched it last night and was Cheering for her all the way. OMGosh talk about a success story! I would love to meet her someday. Let's just say about Teretha that she was thinking about it a little longer than most

Gina 22 years out
on 5/5/17 11:52 am - Burleson, TX

KATHY - you and I--screaming at those TVs !! :)

Teretha: Needs her ass kicked, but will have to stand up long enough, for someone to do it. So many people--some right here, on OH, would kill, for the opportunities she has been given

Chad: Awesome man. I most impressed by his family values. As far as not being able to follow his food plan, while on the road, I'm going to have to call BS. For every 5 fast food stops, there is at least one full service grocery store or WalMart. GET SOME GROCERIES!! Walk, during your potty breaks. My dad was a long haul truck driver, for most of his life. I do understand the life.

I don't do adult whiners, or people who don't take ownership, for their own actions. I do give some slack, to the ones who have been living under a social rock, all their lives (like poor Sean-with that smothering mom), and are just now learning to wipe their own butts, literally and figuratively

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 5/5/17 1:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It's a good thing Gina I live alone My dogs give me the "look" like Mom is nuts Oh poor Sean I know what you mean

Most Active