Need to hear from wls vets, with loss, gained, & loss again successfully

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/3/17 6:57 pm - Laurel, MD
I am getting back on the wagon. For those with regain, and the challenge of loosing again?
It's been 10 years! wow. Regain 33lbs. want to lose that and addtional 20 plus!
And YOU were/ARE successful?
Does eating and drinking prior to the any meals still hold the same as before.
I am I doing "everything" like in the beginning? Waiting 30 mins. before I drink, so I can have the full feeling longer? Don't drink 30 mins. before eating & waiting another 30 mins. after I eat before I drink?
I really broke that rule, and it's hard to get back on track, because I became so used to eating during meals, and shortly after?
Please advise. No offense newbies, I need to hear this advisement from a wls veteran who has lost, gained and lost again successfully.
Thanks,
jbug
Hippie Lady
on 5/3/17 7:58 pm - Warren, OH

Drinking before meals is fine. Drinking right after eating is one of the main causes of regain.

I have had several regains and lost it again.

The only thing that ever works for me is cutting calories.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 22 years out
on 5/4/17 3:53 am, edited 5/3/17 8:53 pm - Burleson, TX

jbug - You can totally do this, I am not a "fairy farts and rainbow person", but I see something, in your post, that makes me think you really WANT to lose the regain..and that WANT can turn into ACTION...but only YOU can make that HAPPEN, of course!!

I am 15 yrs post RNY. The first 9 yrs I jacked around, wasted my precious gift, rode a rollercoaster of loss/regain (as much as 70 lbs, at one point, making me 100+ lbs from goal****il I got disgusted, with myself. As a support group "leader", I was a freaking hypocrite. I got my crap together, with the help of my peeps, both online and IRL..many of them OH peeps...and nearly all my IRL peeps I met thru OH...finally reaching goal at 9 yrs out...I am now BELOW goal, and healthier than I have ever been, in my life...

Even at my worst screw ups, I never drank with meals, or after. I still don't. I just DON'T. The habit CAN be broken! I wait at least 30 minutes afterward meals, also. I don't time it...I just wait, and do other things, like clean the kitchen, etc...it's such a habit, now, that I don't even think about it...

The hardest part will probably be getting away from the processed carbs, again. But you CAN do it. Please don't be one of those people who comes here, asking for help, then doesn't respond, or report back. Let us know how it's going!!!

We CARE !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

seattledeb
on 5/4/17 4:08 am

I've never broken the after eating drinking rule. Before is fine. I think it's kept my pouch tight all these years.

CraftHer
on 5/4/17 11:58 am - OH

I am in the "loosing again" category. My RNY was 2006 and I have wasted 50 lbs of my precious gift. I'm on my way back down again and lost 20 lbs so far. I'm 30 lbs from my goal.

I broke the drinking rule, too. I drink during meals and I think it makes me feel full faster. I'm not sure if I'm deluding myself or if it's true. I'm starting to question :).

I decided not to "go back to the beginning". My main health concern is the big "D". When I let my weight go, I also let my Type 2 Diabetes get worse. Now I watch my carbs and blood sugars. I don't count calories and I eat every 4 hours or so. This has been working for me. I'm loosing about 1-2 pounds a week. Even though checking my blood sugar before/after most meals is a pain, it's a very real and solid measure of what I eat. I also increased my exercise.

I also get a lot of encouragement from this site. I find it so refreshing to read the posts from the newbies and the answers from the "old timers".

sassyscorpio
on 5/5/17 9:58 pm

I'm 8 years post VSG. I have gained 15 lbs twice and then freaked out and lost it. It's so easy to fall back into old habits. I recently lost my regain and I am right at goal. I was going insane because I had nothing to wear and my stomach stuck out like I was pregnant.

I have to do low carb and usually do protein shakes for breakfast and sometimes lunch. I eat a low carb dinner and I am good all day. Then at night I start craving everything and it's a battle to not snack all evening long.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

sassyscorpio
on 5/5/17 10:01 pm

I don't see an edit button. I don't drink with meals. I might have one sip of water. I can't because when I eat right and eat solid protein, I get really full and drinking anything would make me sick.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Most Active