Airport scrutiny

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/3/17 9:48 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Can you get a non drivers id instead? In NY, they do have another form of id that's acceptable as proof of identity outside of a drivers license or passport. Go to the TSA website & see what other forms of id they accept. Sure a lot of people drive/travel outside the country, but some don't, & still fly.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/17 9:55 am
CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/4/17 8:20 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was held up and separated from my son because my passport picture "didn't look like me" -- and they questioned him alone -- we also have different last names because I kept my maiden name.

I refuse to pay another 115 bucks for a new passport -- so now I carry several different IDs including my faculty pass from the university and my son's birth certificate.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Jester
on 5/4/17 9:34 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

Surprisingly, the TSA folks have always been very supportive and encouraging! I would say close to 50% of the time I get a "congratulations, keep it up!".

What I HATE is the screening process because my significant weight loss causes me to light up the body scanner like a the Fourth of July. Which then results in a long speech about the upcoming search, offer of a private room and then a VERY invasive pat-down.

I went so far as signing up for Nexus/Global Entry so I could get pre-check basically every time. With pre-check, you just need to go through the meta detector, which is great........except I just had my hip replaced so now I set oflf the metal detector too. Once you set off the metal detector, you have to go through the body scanner and I have to go through that whole process described above.

It's honestly very frustrating that that due to my health issues I am essentially subjected to what would be considered sexual assault under any other cir****tance. I'm not making light of it, I mean these people honestly touch your genitals (through clothing) - it's very invasive. And they offer literally NO WAY to avoid it, and it happens 100% of the time. I've traveled probably 5 times in the last 4 months, so I have been molested by the TSA agents 10 times this year. I often wonder if there is a lawsuit somewhere in here - not to make money, but to force them to be a tad more accommodating.

AggieMae
on 5/4/17 4:24 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

You could "loose" your license and get a replacement immediately.

Renzryd
on 5/4/17 9:43 pm

Don't know how your DMV works, but you could say you lost it....here they would have to take another photo. (Oregon)

MonaLyssa33
on 5/5/17 2:29 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17

I'm going to San Francisco in July and I haven't been on a plane since 1999, so I'm freaking out now. Maybe I can I just lift my shirt and show off my surgery scars and loose skin...

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/8/17 11:20 am
VSG on 07/15/15

Lying and saying you lost your license won't work. They have your image stored on file. How do you think the state police know who you are? It is all in a database.

Lying about my weight on my DL really back fired on me. When I actually was down over 80 pounds and lower than the weight that was on my ID, it wasn't enough for them to let me take a new picture.

The state refused over and over and said that it would mess of the state police database. My picture was over 8 years old. They just mail your license for renewal, they don't get a new picture when you renew here.

Finally last fall after losing over 160 pounds, they let me take a new picture because I actually looked NOTHING like my old picture. Face shape completely different.

I look younger than my old passport photo, and it is 12 years old.

It is really a lot harder than people think to get a new picture. It took 3 people at the DMV agreeing that I needed one for them to finally give me one.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 7:37 am

Wow that is crazy. I have flown to the Netherlands and they looked at my passport and the adorable blonde young man said to me. "Job well done"

I was scared they were not going to let me in the country.

I actually pretty much every time I fly I get felt up. I am not sure why.

Most Active