Sorry, I was having a little pity party.

CC C.
on 4/30/17 4:51 pm

I don't get jealous or angry, but I do get really cynical when the people are losing through diet and exercise alone and proclaim they're never going back to their old selves or ways again. I start thinking, "good luck with that..." I know there are a few who will succeed in maintaining long term, but knowing that only applies to 2-4% of losers, I can't help but imagine them back at their high weights in 5 years.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/30/17 4:59 pm, edited 4/30/17 10:00 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On April 30, 2017 at 6:42 PM Pacific Time, Tim Y. wrote:

I've struggled most of my childhood and all of my adult life with my weight. I enjoyed watching and drawing inspiration from most of the various weight-loss tv shows. I have found myself becoming angry and bitter more often when watching those who've been gifted the opportunity to have total professional help and treatment and they squander the opportunity that so many other people like myself, who have zero access to help, would love to have. I find myself jealous of their fortune. Has anyone else gone through this during their journey? How did you escape the anger and frustration and resentment?

If you feel this way, you could apply to be on one of these shows.

My 600 Pound Life: Are you or someone you love struggling at an extreme weight over 600 pounds?'My 600-LB Life' follows the lives of real people suffering from super morbid obesity that embark on a year-long journey to regain their health. If approved they receive gastric bypass surgery. Each episode tells the powerful story of one super obese individual. Many are home-bound, relying on family care just to live day to day. They make the courageous decision to save their lives and change their world forever.

If this describes you or someone you know, then please send us your NAME, AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, CITY YOU LIVE IN, as well as a BRIEF BIO with your best contact PHONE NUMBER to [email protected].

Biggest Loser: The Biggest Looser is coming back to its original time slot on Sundays with hour long episodes. Casting for season 15 is going on right now and this is your chance to audition. Casting producers are looking for charismatic individuals who have the desire to change their lives forever, according to the NBC casting website. Candidates must be at least 18 years old and a legal U.S. resident. If you are interested in auditioning for The Biggest Loser please submit your contact information along with several photos. https://www.2017auditions.com/the-biggest-loser-nbc/

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/17 5:36 pm, edited 4/30/17 10:37 am - St. Augustine, FL

Thanks, but I have ran the gamut of applying to every show at least twice, some of them every season. I've applied to every talk show running weight loss specials and contests, locally and nationwide. I came to the conclusion that if I was going to permanently keep the weight off I was going to have do it myself. But unfortunately my health issues keep impeding the longevity of efforts. I two steps forward and three backwards, getting knocked down 8 times and getting back up nine. So I will keep on keeping on till I find what works or die trying. :)

Gina 22 years out
on 4/30/17 5:50 pm - Burleson, TX

Tim, never apologize for having a pity party. If you can't have one HERE...with people who GET it...where you going to have it? Perhaps you should have made the pity party thing your original post title...not that you can't post any damn thing you please!!!

I agree with White Dove, when she said the best "helping hands" we will find are at the end of our own arms...She is such a wise woman!!! The other helping hands are right here, on OH.

What can we do to help you?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kristi T.
on 4/30/17 8:05 pm - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Well said Gina, I totally agree!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/1/17 8:31 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Well, I kind of think that's a sign that you are likely a bit more mentally stable. I think sometimes they choose people specifically because they make "better tv" -- and frankly, often times it becomes almost abusive to the person who so desperately needs help.

While I adore Dr. Now -- I do feel that the show sometimes gratuitously shows both their body/shames/weaknesses at the expense of the human being who is filmed. I have heard "normies" comment on how disgusting or pathetic these people are. THAT is what actually ****** me off.

Don't feel badly about having a "pity party" -- we've all been there and we all get it. It's really hard.

I am assuming that your insurance doesn't cover WLS or that you don't have insurance?

::hugs:: -- keep getting up. You're worth the effort.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Gina 22 years out
on 5/1/17 10:13 am - Burleson, TX

KAT- I totally agree...I particularly loathe the showering scenes, which seem to be mandatory...and the "stuff 10 lbs of food in my face" scenes...I can only speak for myself...and I didn't weigh 600 lbs...only a scant 340, a mere wisp of a girl...but I was very careful of what I ate in public...If I ate too much, PEOPLE might notice-and think I had a problem

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Travelher
on 5/2/17 7:35 am
Revision on 10/04/16

what health issues are impeding you? Weight loss is 90% food related. the problem with shows like the biggest loser is that they give the impression that the road to weight loss is high intensity exercise and it just isn't. if you are able to walk that should be good if you are managing your diet.

Metabolic issues are a whole other issue and of course can make things very difficult.

Band-RNY revision age 50 5'4" HW 260 SW: 244 (bf healthy range 23-35%) bf 23.7% (at 137lbs) cw range 135-138.lbl with butt lift and mastoplexy March 23, 2018...2.5lbs removed.

Pre-op-16lbs (size 18/20...244) M1-16lbs (size 18...228) M2-15.6lbs (size 16/18...212.4) M3-10lbs (size 16..202.4) M4-11.4lbs (size 14...191) M5-10.8lbs (size 12...180.2) M6-8.4 (size 8/10...171.8) M7-6.4 (size 8...165.4 lbs) M8-11.6 (size 6...153.8) M9-5.6 (size 4/6...148.2) M10-5.8 (size 4....142.4) M11-4 (size 2/4...138.4) Surgiversary -1 (size 2/4...137.4) M13-2.6 (size 2/4...134.8) M14 (size 2/4...134.8) M15 (size 2...135) M16 (size 2...131.4) M17 (size 2...135) M18 (size 2...135) M19 (size 2...138) M20 (size 2...135) M21 (size 2...138)

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 9:35 am

I am sorry you are feeling this way. It sucks to feel so down you have know where to go.

It is okay to have a pity party.

I hope you get the help you need.

Terri Ott Norris
on 5/4/17 11:03 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

Tim...PITY PARTY away!!

I will come-and share some pity myself.

We are here-always know that.

One day at a time Brother-one day at a time.

T.

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Most Active