Sorry, I was having a little pity party.

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/17 11:42 am, edited 4/30/17 5:20 pm - St. Augustine, FL

I apologize for the anger/jealousy post, I was deep in a little pity party.

Hippie Lady
on 4/30/17 12:05 pm - Warren, OH

If you are referring to shows like the Biggest Loser, those programs are not realistic or sustainable. The minute they are free from the show they will stop exercising 10 hours a day and start eating again.

If everyone on the shows were compliant and successful, they would be boring to watch.

Professional help is wonderful, but if you need a hand with weight loss you will find one attached at the end of each of your arms.

You may get help, but you always are the one who controls what your hands put into your mouth.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/17 5:22 pm - St. Augustine, FL

You're absolutely right.

Rosemi
on 5/1/17 9:19 am

White Dove. I love that - "if you need a hand with weight loss( most anything!) you will find one attached at the end of each of your arms" .!!! Thank you

Kristi T.
on 4/30/17 12:35 pm - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I have felt anger at some of the people on My 600 Pound Life this season. But, I do realize that they figure the more drama, the better ratings.

I hope that you can find a way to get the support and help you need, don't give up. It is worth the fight it takes!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/17 5:26 pm - St. Augustine, FL

Yes, this is the show I was referring to. However, I appreciate the encouragement, I'm just in a bad place healthwise and was in the midst of a pity party. I'm working through it, it has to get better eventually. .

Kristi T.
on 4/30/17 8:03 pm - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

It will get better, maybe a good Bariatric therapist could help? Best wishes to you Tim!

peachpie
on 4/30/17 12:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I think these shows catapult a lot of people to a place they don't fully understand or are prepared to face. I've said personally- had I had surgery when I looked into is 7+ years ago- I'd have failed. So I'm not angry or frustrated with them- I'm more empathetic.

i wish they'd make a show that includes some sort of vetting process to get the surgery- more than just diet. Nutrition is just one element of this life.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/17 5:27 pm - St. Augustine, FL

Yes! I totally agree.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/30/17 2:00 pm

I actually feel sorry for any of them. "Reality TV shows" really show most of them in a very bad light. I would not want to be in such as spot light.

Fighting obesity is very hard work. Emotional. On top of that - they are so exposed to the world of criticism and ridicule. People feel ok to make fun of them. If nothing else- in really feel sorry for them. Since most of them have "good friends" whip would tell them in details about all the bad public comments they get.

Feel sorry for them. They really need more sympathy.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active