Insurance approval question

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/30/17 7:37 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

This is your body and your decision.

Your husband does not get to decide what you do with your body, nor does he get to decide what God thinks.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 10:33 am, edited 5/1/17 3:34 am
RNY on 05/05/07

He does get to decide what I do with my body. When I took my vows I promised to love honor and respect him above all else. The question was on insurance I don't want or need anyone's opinions of religion or my husband who loves me that what he concerned his voice when it comes to the surgery. Because to him I am everything and dieting is hard but surgery is risky and dangerous. He would rather I diet to lose weight. Honestly this site isn't for me. Social media is the devil and ruins marriages. I should only ask and want the opinion of my husband. So on that note I don't want anyone else's replies. I came seeking others experience with the surgery but I'm better off using google. Thanks but no thanks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/1/17 11:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On May 1, 2017 at 5:33 PM Pacific Time, Frumpopolis wrote:

He does get to decide what I do with my body. When I took my vows I promised to love honor and respect him above all else. The question was on insurance I don't want or need anyone's opinions of religion or my husband who loves me that what he concerned his voice when it comes to the surgery. Because to him I am everything and dieting is hard but surgery is risky and dangerous. He would rather I diet to lose weight. Honestly this site isn't for me. Social media is the devil and ruins marriages. I should only ask and want the opinion of my husband. So on that note I don't want anyone else's replies. I came seeking others experience with the surgery but I'm better off using google. Thanks but no thanks

The statistics say that obesity is dangerous, too.

Best of luck to you.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gina 22 years out
on 5/1/17 12:08 pm - Burleson, TX

It would have been better if you had just asked your insurance question, and not shared the promise you made to your husband.

That is on you. You chose to share your business on "social media". WWW equals World Wide Web. Take what you want, and leave the rest.

I predict non success, and that makes me sadder than you can imagine. Truly it does.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 9:19 am

I have do believe in god and I have not always made good decisions. I am so glad I made my decision to have the surgery.

I had to have faith in myself. This is like saying well god made me fat. I am not trying to be mean. I am trying to tell you that you have to do this for you. Not your family. But for you.

I am also an alcoholic and a food addict. I came to the realization that I needed to find the strength and support after surgery for my addictions. I did find it in AA.

You need to look at it. Like that god made the surgeon to do your surgery. You need to believe that you can do anything for you. If you are happy everything will fall into place.

Not everyone has faith. Which I do believe that is their choice.

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 10:26 am
RNY on 05/05/07

Okay, this was never meant to be a discussion about my faith or my husband. JUST on insurance. If anyone had the same insurance as me and knew the process. I shouldn't have wrote about my beliefs in GOD or my husband because those both and always will come before the opinions of others. All I wanted to know was about the insurance aspect, because of this promise I made I wanted to see what others experience was when it came to working with GHI I dont want to be denied, but if I am oh well. Just will have to do it on my own.

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 10:41 am

I am sorry you feel this way. I was just trying to make you see that you have to do this for you not anyone else.

Trust me I wasn't being mean.

seattledeb
on 5/1/17 12:04 pm

Okay let's talk insurance.

It is more common than not to experience denials and delays. What I've noticed being around here is talking with the doctor's office is usually a good first step. Mine had someone mostly dedicated to dealing with insurance.

I had about an 18 month delay for various reasons. I had surgery so I could get my weight low enough to get on the kidney transplant list and to live long enough to raise my son. I got a that miracle in 2012.

If you decide to have surgery I hope you will find a strong support group. It's really quite a big thing to go through.

Best of luck.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/1/17 12:28 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Insurance companies are the handiwork of the devil.

Fight the devil.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active