What are your Weight Loss Goals?

Pokemom
on 4/25/17 11:51 am
RNY on 12/29/14

HAHAHA!

Notaboutperfect
on 4/24/17 6:44 am
VSG on 11/08/16

I like this question from time to time because it reminds me to focus on more than just my daily protein and water. If you are looking for specific numbers-they're on my ticker, but focusing on "why" is more effective than "what".

1. To be the kind of mom I want to be--active, energetic, not embarrassed by my body.
  2. To do all the stuff I like to do, and try the stuff my weight stopped me from doing. (camping, climbing, biking, etc. Oh, and trapeze. I super want to try trapeze.)
  3. To avoid illness. I am lucky not to suffer from co-morbidity, but it was only a matter of time...
  4. To wear beautiful clothes and feel good in them.
  5. To fit in all the chairs.
  6. To beat binge eating disorder. To find control.
  7. To kindly stop hating myself. To rediscover my self esteem/worth/confidence.

I wish your family/friends well. Tell them to join the group.

Pokemom
on 4/25/17 11:53 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I loved this response, and how thoughtful it was. Thank you for your time thinking about these things and writing them down for all of us.

Laura in Texas
on 4/24/17 7:50 am

To do everything in my power to improve my health so that I can raise my kids to adulthood. As a single mom, the thought of someone else raising them terrifies me. I need to be the one to do it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/17 7:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My original goals were to:

• Get off my CPAP
  • Get off my blood pressure meds
  • Ride 40mi in our big city bike race 1 year post-op
  • Have a healthy pregnancy (when the time came)

Now that I'm 3.5 years post-op, my current goals are:

• Lose more of the weight I gained while pregnant
  • Finish my first triathlon (coming up in 2 weeks!)
  • Ride RAGBRAI with my dad this summer, 215 mi by bike in 3 days

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/25/17 8:44 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

good luck on your tri! did you follow any kind of specific training program? im about to start training for one in Oct

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

on 4/25/17 8:48 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I kindasorta followed this one, which was recommended by the race organizers. I do a ton of biking so I just did my own standard interval workouts instead, and I did the C25K intervals on the run days that weren't "bricks."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/25/17 8:51 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Awesome thanks, I saved it. I havent been on a bike in so long... I had done a century back in 2008. Need to start up a program to get some miles under my butt again, and back in the pool... and then plenty of bricks :)

Have you done any pool to bike workouts, still wet? A guy at work was saying that its terrible and you have to build up a tolerance to biking while wet, but I havent read anything about that? I also have no shame in creating a huge powder cloud before I hop on my bike and taking the time to dry off some with a towel or something... my first tri will be just to finish, not for time lol

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

on 4/25/17 8:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm in Arizona, and it will probably be well into the 80s by the time I reach transition on race morning. I won't be wet for long!

The most awkward part of T1, for me at least, is being in a soaking-wet sports bra. I have to wear a heavy-duty bra under my tri top, and since it's not really designed for swimming it feels REALLY weird at first. You (probably) won't have that problem :)

If you're worried about being wet, I'd suggest a two-piece tri kit rather than a full suit. It'll be easier to dry off with a towel since you can wipe down under the singlet.

Kathyjs
on 4/29/17 6:34 pm

I wanted blue jeans that zipped :-)

Most Active