Pet problem & possible solutions?

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/21/17 9:13 am, edited 4/21/17 2:14 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

You'll likely have a pillow that you use to help you get up. I got sent home with one. Just put it on your belly and that will keep them from getting up on your areas which are sore or cut up. I swear it really won't be that big of a deal, you have bandages over your cuts for the first week and per normal cuts you need to keep them clean. Having Fido jump on them won't kill you but it won't feel good, but your mostly going to be concerned they don't open a cut up. So pillow, it'll be your best friend anyway. Just put it on your belly area and enjoy your pets.

*This is for you while your awake and on the couch maybe. But if your asleep just shut the door.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

NickNack
on 4/21/17 4:05 pm - Knoxville, TN

I had a hysterectomy many years ago and had an 18 lb. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at the time. When I came home and got in bed she immediately jumped in bed and right on my stomach. That hurt so bad. I still remember it. I would try to work out something with your husband helping you and keeping a pillow on your stomach to discourage your pets from getting on you. I don't remember having any problems with my gastric bypass surgery and pets, but I did stay with my sister for a few days before coming home.

Lap RNY August 27, 2007
Age 60 Height 5' 5"
SW228/CW130/GW135

BETH6536
on 4/22/17 9:06 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

I had surgery on Wednesday and this is my first full day at home. I have 6 incision sites and absolutely very little pain. I barely took meds in the hospital.

I have a 50 lb pit bull that wanted to sit on my lap and did so strategically without hurting me. She's been extra gentle with me since I've been home.

RNY surgery date 4-19-17

HW: 280 Surgery Weight: 262 CW: 165

(M1) 23 (M2) 8 (M3) 11 (M4) 9 (M5) 7 (M6) 9

Most Active