Introduction of a new member

missc_26
on 4/19/17 3:09 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi and welcome!

I haven't really been on other sites nor get involved in any drama so am a bit clueless to what has been discussed.

However I am really curious how you manage your weight maintenance with your weight training and how you upped your weight? I think you will make a great resource for others who are keen to do the same.

Have a great day :-)

missc_26
on 4/19/17 4:33 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Damn that is some intense planning & documentation. Good for you! I use my fitness pal to log my food but haven't thought about the macros or even what they mean.

VSGAnn2014
on 4/19/17 5:21 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Jesus, Viffer! I track on MFP every day and do put some things into Excel (old-school, but cool tool). But you're even more obsessive than me. You win.

BTW, I love the "money earned in bathroom" column. Yes, I know what that means, and the money does add up. LOL!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Lipsticklady
on 4/19/17 4:30 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Haaaaaaaaaa! I got blocked for replying to someone who was talking about me. Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

I refuse to be bullied by forum warriors. I came here, the clique didn't like it. Admittedly, my entrance sucked but I owned it and apologized. They didn't like that either.

I kept quiet to learn the lay of the land. They didn't like that.

I posted advice, they didn't like that because I'm not a groupie/their opinion of a vet/long time member.

I took a vacation from the site and they didn't like that either.

Bottom line? I don't need this clique to like me or to accept me to validate my worth. I'm four years out, I'm maintaining beautifully, I'm intelligent, and I'm worth a lot more than a group of forum bullies care to recognize JUST AS ALL of us are.

I'm here to stay and I'm not going anywhere. I may be super busy right now, but that doesn't mean I've crapped out. Sorry, not sorry.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/19/17 10:37 am

Your memory is a little selective. Your initial post came on strong, and you seemed a little upset when we didn't know you, the other BPers, or the BP site from Adam's housecat. When we told you how things are here on OH, you and some others were ticked. Your subsequent posts were equally contentious.

Some forums have a Fearless Leader, but we're a pretty independent lot here.

It's usually a good idea to get the lay of the land anywhere before you stage a coup.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Lipsticklady
on 4/19/17 1:04 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On April 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM Pacific Time, Caffeinated Bookish Hag wrote:

Your memory is a little selective. Your initial post came on strong, and you seemed a little upset when we didn't know you, the other BPers, or the BP site from Adam's housecat. When we told you how things are here on OH, you and some others were ticked. Your subsequent posts were equally contentious.

Some forums have a Fearless Leader, but we're a pretty independent lot here.

It's usually a good idea to get the lay of the land anywhere before you stage a coup.

Nope, not selective at all.

I came in like an asshole, I owned it, I apologized for it. Why would I be upset you didn't know me? That's ridiculous logic, how would you know me?

You sure did "tell me how things are" here. That in itself isn't/wasn't an issue. The superiority complex in the tone was real and obnoxious, to be quite frank. And no, it didn't tick me off, it amused the hell out of me. I also think I deserved it for the way I came in, but some people are choosing to never let it go. That's not on me. I don't dwell in negativity nor do I hold grudges.

Internet warriors don't fluster me. Sorry, darlin'. It's clear I'll probably never be welcomed here by some and that's ok. I'm not everyone's type nor do I need to be. I've no desire to be ANYONE'S fearless leader or "stage a coup". This is an Internet forum, not a national crisis.

I find it impossible to take this all so seriously, but that said, I won't be bullied into leaving either.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/19/17 1:16 pm

No worries, buttercup. I don't take you seriously at all. By all means, stay.

Lipsticklady
on 4/19/17 2:14 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Awwwww, thanks sugar blossom. I was waiting for your permission with bated breath.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/19/17 2:44 pm

I know.

Notaboutperfect
on 4/19/17 8:20 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Hi, and welcome!!

I'm still a newbie, but also came from the "other" place. I was pre-op and in my first month, but I remember you from there. I'm excited to see your input as you've done amazing things!

Most Active