Introduction of a new member

Citizen Kim
on 4/18/17 6:47 am, edited 4/17/17 11:47 pm - Castle Rock, CO
theAntiChick
on 4/18/17 7:35 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I can only speak for myself, but the daily meal posts don't do anything for me. I'm glad they are helpful for other people, just not my thing. I try to monitor the other threads and contribute when I have something to add, but I'm super busy with work and grad school right now, and sometimes go days without being able to do more than skim the posts.

I have felt that the kerfluffle from the "way the BP'rs came on the board" has caused all of us to be viewed with suspicion and treated coldly by some (not all) of the longer-term OH'rs. I have certainly not felt welcomed here. I figured I'd keep my head down, contribute where I could, and it would blow over. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Gwen M.
on 4/18/17 7:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I get you on the daily meal posts. They don't do much for me now but Pre-op? They were invaluable to me then. It really eased my mind that I was doing the right thing when I was able to see what my food life would be in the future. Reading people's eats reassured me and gave me really useful insight into what I was getting into.

Which is why I participate in them now - because I want to make sure I pay that forward to people who were in my shoes.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

theAntiChick
on 4/18/17 8:01 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I wouldn't want to put my intake out there for anyone to follow after.

I have serious food issues and some odd health considerations and as a result have had to pretty much blaze my own path in regards to my food intake. I cannot do ketosis, so I do not eat low carb. I have PTSD-type reactions to most vegetables and a lot of foods that aren't in my comfort zone. Lately, fighting my chronic health conditions, I have not even been eating as protein-forward as I should. So I eat as best I can, but it's catch-as-catch-can, and not anything that's even close to best practice for WLS. I'm doing OK for myself, for right now, but I wouldn't want to advocate anyone else eat how I'm eating. Or be held up as a "she's doing OK with it, so I can eat X, Y, and Z."

So, like I said... I'm really happy the threads are there for the people who they work for. I'm not slamming the threads in any way.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Lipsticklady
on 4/18/17 5:58 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Y'all did a great job of making us want to stay, wouldn't you agree?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

peachpie
on 4/17/17 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Highfunctioningfatman
on 4/17/17 10:03 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Welcome!

stacyrg
on 4/17/17 10:53 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Welcome! I used to see your posts on the other site and think you'll fit in well here!

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 11:03 am
VSG on 02/15/15

Thank you all for the welcome!

"The strength of many to crush you might stop me."

ThatMeanOne
on 4/17/17 11:16 am
VSG on 08/22/16

Hi...

i must admit that I snuck over there on occasion over the past few months to look up some of your old posts.

Ive been struggling with the whole weight loss/exercise thing - and from past reads I trust your information.

Glad to see you made your way over here.

There is a lot less activity but it seems to be of higher quality.

Most Active