Favorite protein shakes

wendylouu
on 4/17/17 5:54 am - GA

I am 14 yrs post op and I have some regain...

trying to get back in the swing and reset pouch

what are your favorite protein drinks?

i know when I had my surgery I used to buy some flavored fruit punch in a pouch that had a lot of protein but do not know the name of it anymore....?

thanks

Live, Laugh, Love

reree6898
on 4/17/17 6:16 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

The only ones I can stand are the premiere protein pre-mixed chocolate shakes. They are 30 grams of protein, 160 calories and 11 ounces. They are available just about everywhere.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Knitter215
on 4/17/17 7:24 am
VSG on 08/23/16

I like the Premier - Vanilla, Chocolate and my fave is Caramel. I mix the Caramel with a cup of coffee, some ice and a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup to make a high protein frappucino.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

catwoman7
on 4/17/17 8:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

people's tastes are so different that you're bound to get 50 different answers here, but I like Syntrax and Unjury products. I can't taste the protein in either one.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

jackiepicard
on 4/17/17 8:21 am - Middletown, CT
RNY on 08/02/16 with

I am very picky when it comes to protein shakes, I am 8 months post op gastric bypass and I was totally burned out on protein shakes but I absolutely love the strawberry premiere shake and my favorite is the strawberry Quest powder mix, it's a little expensive but well worth it. They are both high in protein, I believe 30 grams.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/17/17 9:05 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Syntrax Nectar -- both fruity ones and the "milk" based ones (I use almond milk) --

However, at 14 years post op, you would be much better off doing the 5-day meat reset than drinking protein drinks. that's just a recipe to be starving all the time.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Fredbear
on 4/17/17 6:35 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

I generally do the Premiere Protein chocolate (the vanilla makes me kind of queasy...), but lately I've been making my own with protein powder, cocoa, and PB2.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/17/17 6:44 pm
Body fortress from Walmart.

Cheap and tasty.

Scott
MeanStreak88
on 4/18/17 6:54 am - Opelika, AL

About the only ones I care for are the GNC Lean Shakes. Premixed. Gotta be ice cold though.

Ya gotta have more cowbell!!

Gina 22 years out
on 4/18/17 12:59 pm - Burleson, TX

HI Wendy!!! 14 years ago peeps were drinking Isopure. I tried and tried, but it always tasted like snot, to me....just couldn't do it. People here would RAVE about it...sucker me in...yuck...lol...

I guess I've tried a million shakes, in the past 15 years. I still have one pretty much every single morning. For RTD, my current favorite is Premiere. I prefer chocolate, but it comes in caramel, vanilla, strawberry and banana also. I have only seen the POWDER in chocolate and vanilla, in my area. For Powder, I prefer Pure Protein brand. It's cheaper and I think it tastes better. I buy Premiere and PP at WalMart. When I want to shake things up, I buy Click brand, from Amazon. A little pricey, but comes in great coffee and latte flavors. I use them every few months, to make myself get out of my food rut.

As a general rule. I'm not a "chocolate lover", but it's the only kind of shake I ever seem to like...Weird, huh?...I don't like shoes, and I don't like shopping...I'm an embarrassment to womanhood...

I'm no stranger to regain...relose...regain...relose...If I can help you in ANY ANY ANY way, please do not hesitate to ask!!!!!!!!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active