one more "can I have" question

The Salty Hag
on 4/16/17 12:48 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I do like my coffee. Just a little bit

This was the first time I'd seen the unsweetened creamer. I've seen the other at Whole Foods. It was at a store that usually kind of sucks as far as "healthy" choices go, but is closest to my house. I was really surprised to see it!

I'll have to look for the coffee. I started cold brewing my own last summer, but my fridge was getting too crowded with the pitcher of coffee in it along with a pitcher of tea, 3 different kinds of milks AND a slew of different creams and creamers in it-plus all the other stuff normally kept in a fridge. First world problems, am I right?

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Donna L.
on 4/16/17 5:51 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Omg! I have to find this! Thanks for posting it :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Cathy H.
on 4/16/17 6:11 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Me, too!!! I live in East Jesus Nowhere, so I doubt I can but I'm sure gonna look lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

CC C.
on 4/16/17 9:21 am

I still use a sugar free powdered creamer for my one cup of coffee a day. I gave up so much, it is a small artificial chemical-laden treat that makes me happy so I don't sweat it at this point.

AggieMae
on 4/16/17 9:37 am
VSG on 10/25/16
On April 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM Pacific Time, Cecily C. wrote:

I still use a sugar free powdered creamer for my one cup of coffee a day. I gave up so much, it is a small artificial chemical-laden treat that makes me happy so I don't sweat it at this point.

The OP said she drinks 3 cups of coffee a day. Creamer, like sweeteners or any other non food needs to be used sparingly.

I have always been carefully about my children's diets, not so much with my own. My NEW "rule" is that if I wouldn't let my kids eat something I should probably avoid it too...I generally chose the alternative with the fewest ingredients over the one with the lowest calories.

In the case of heavy cream...I really enjoy that cup of coffee! I also find it very filling and can go a few hours without even thinking about food if I have those 2 tbs of cream in my 10 am coffee.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/16/17 10:15 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Check with your Dr first when it comes to coffee, he might have a set date b4 you can drink it again.

I luv my coffee & I drink it with regular cream. I use the Dunkin Donuts one, but if you want to keep your carbs & sugar lower use the unsweetened almond, soy or cashew milk. It depends on your taste as to which you'd like more. I use Silk & Califa, but I use them for my protein shakes rather than for my coffee.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Donna L.
on 4/16/17 5:55 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I can do black coffee, but it has to be very decent coffee, so I typically abstain.

I also use heavy cream or half and half in my coffee. Heavy cream sounds all 'omg calories,' however I find I use literally 1/10th of the heavy cream I'd use if it was milk. The bariatric surgeon and nutritionist both said they'd rather see me use this. I'm also going to check that almond milk creamer which was posted out, since, technically, I shouldn't be having dairy since it's an annoying reflux trigger for me.

As for coffee, it's best to abstain while the stomach heals to avoid unnecessary irritation. It's not always the caffeine; coffee is quite acidic, you see. I didn't resume it until about a year post-op, but I drink espresso or 3x strength french press, so....

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active