Just had VSG-Do you add water or milk to your protein drink

okiepirate
on 4/15/17 8:03 pm
VSG on 11/08/14

This is going to be odd, but I have been using coffee (cold) that has been infused with CBD that brewed with a Vietmanies cinnamon stick. Why? Well, I usually want a protein shake post workout. I like the anti-inflammatory powers of both CBD and cinnamon, and I want a caffeine boost. With my special "frap" I get everything I want and need in one drink.

NOTE: Inflammation slows your recovery...http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/pain-relief/how-to-reduce-inflammation-for-workout-recovery/

AggieMae
on 4/15/17 11:52 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

It depends on where I am with getting my protein in. Milk has 9 grams of protein but if I'm on target with protein I use unsweetened cashew milk because 8oz are only 25 calories.

My favorite is 4 oz of "green machine" raw juice, a cup of ice a bit of water and a scoop of (Unjury brand) unflavored protein powder.

Sai F.
on 4/16/17 11:43 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Depending upon my daily calorie intake, I would use water, whole milk or whole milk kefir (homemade). If I needed more calories, I'd go with the two latter which has higher calories, otherwise bottled water. I try to stay away form any low-fat/skim and eat/drink whole foods as a general rule.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Sabrina J.
on 4/16/17 12:33 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

Great advice on watching calories, since the pre-op diet I have not looked at calories. I am going to ask my Dr. on Tuesday what my calories should be, this sounds crazy but the book he gave me does not talk about calories. It talks about ounces, protein and water. So they go by ounces of food a day, no calorie info. I see you have been really successful! Did I read it right...you lost 145lbs in 7.5 months? Did you loose some of that before you had surgery, it only shows the total. If you lost the 145 in 7.5 months since surgery that is the highest weight loss I have seen and I would love your tips!! How many calories do you have a day?

Donna L.
on 4/16/17 5:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Unsweetened almond milk with a splash of heavy cream here (a teaspoon for satiety) or I make tea protein drinks. I'll toss in unflavored whey and make it with iced tea. I first got the idea from Syntrax Nectar. It may sound...odd....however it's a welcome break from cream/dairy/almond milk, sometimes.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Sabrina J.
on 4/17/17 9:25 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

Thank you and congrats on your weight loss!!! Keep it up!

HonestOmnivore
on 4/21/17 9:50 am
RNY on 03/29/17

I had the RNY, but ice packs really help on the big incision!

I use plain yogurt (not greek) so I can both bump up my protein and keep good gut flora thriving :)

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Sabrina J.
on 4/21/17 10:17 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Thanks - yes good flora is important!!

Most Active