Hi I'm new here

nzwithlove
on 4/20/17 3:06 am

Hi Nance1950

I sent you a friend request a few days ago, you'll need to check your notifications and/or emails found at the right of your page.

When the surgeon first mentioned bypass the next day after I had the abandoned sleeve op, my mind went into overdrive. I first thought NO WAY but once I started researching it and had a clearer picture of the surgery and outcomes I came to realise that if I ever wanted to get off this weight loss train, I had to rethink and be positive about the surgery. I know what you mean about research when nervous. Even though I have done the research myself I haven't had the talk about the surgery with the surgeon yet, that is supposed to happen next week, I still keep coming to this site and re-reading and coming up with more questions to ask re the bypass.

I'm very lucky, I don't have any health issues to worry about apart from carrying around excess weight but I am under no illusions that if I don't go ahead with this surgery my luck will run out and I will at some stage down the line start having the health issues. I'm 51 and know that I can't keep dodging the bullet.

I think it is only natural to think the worst but luckily we have this site and each other to come to for reassurance and support and to remember that we will get through not only the surgery but the first few weeks post surgery.

We need to believe in ourselves more! Be strong, you can and will do this! Put a picture of NZ on your fridge and picture yourself sitting in an aeroplane seat with plenty of room left on that seat, winging your way here for a well deserved holiday.

Take care Jo

Kathy S.
on 4/14/17 1:40 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome Nance

It was a pleasure speaking with you and if you need help with anything I am here

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

nance1950
on 4/16/17 1:36 pm
RNY on 04/26/17

Hi Kathy...thank you for all your help. It's really great to be linked up to this group. I didn't know you were the Kathy S of posting fame...really like the things.you've posted. Once again thanks for your help.

Kathy S.
on 4/17/17 3:19 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Click the friends option and I will accept and you can see my blog.... Let me know if you need anything

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Lipsticklady
on 4/20/17 4:19 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Welcome!!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active