Obesity Help site is soo much nicer!!

AngAng
on 4/13/17 11:19 am

Thank you so much. Ya know, for some reason I remember your name "EggFace" back years ago when I was chatting on a forum about getting my lap band... I had the lap band put in, in 2008. Did you belong to another weight loss forum? Or was there another big one? I keep thinking of "Make me Heal"?

Anyway.. I know some people had issues after having the lap band.. the only issue I have never been able to overcome is the "getting stuck" and "vomiting"... to the point that I have ulcers. ugh.

Everyone here Rocks!!! Thanks a ton!

Eggface
on 4/14/17 12:21 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Nope, that one doesn't ring a bell... I have a long time blog people sometimes remember the name from that. I hope the ulcers heal and this will be a much better tool for you.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

CJ On Orcas
on 4/13/17 4:32 pm, edited 4/14/17 3:37 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

I am at 7 months post-op RNY and feel great. Not sickly, not tired. Little hair fell out but not much, and it is already coming back in. I struggled with meat for a while but ok now. I definitely CAN control my weight loss, unfortunately ;). I stick to about 800 calories a day, mostly protein.

RNY was the best decision I ever made. Highly recommend.

Good luck on your journey, and welcome!

Lauren010110
on 4/13/17 10:38 am - Victorville, CA

Welcome Ang! I am a revision patient... LapBand to Bypass =) What EggFace states is all true. I have learned what works with my body and what doesn't. I now look to the aid of friends (here) and professional help to work on the "mind" stuff. He has helped me realize that there is so much more to life than to focus on the negative and start focusing on Non Scale Victories.

I have written an article for ObesityHelp, it can be found here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/importance-of-non-scale- victories-nsv-to-your-wls-journey

Also, I know the thought of a revision is and can be daunting... but it is not the end of the world. Life has just given you another opportunity to succeed. All of us are here to encourage you.

Best of luck and please keep posting =)

AngAng
on 4/13/17 12:30 pm

Read your article. Loved it. I used to be about 50 lbs heavier... when I was able to wear size 18 I was thrilled beyond words. I remember standing in the fitting room and I kept saying.. no way, no way. Then, about 2 years ago I joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic, lost about 20 lbs (for a minute) and bought I size 16 capri's... and a regular size XL shirt. I was soo happy, I wasn't in the PLUS sizes. I was crying. I cannot even imagine being in anything smaller than a 16. Its been such a long time since I have been a 14 or less. When I turned about 38 I hit a huge pot hole. My marriage fell apart, I had to get a job to support myself and my 2 boys, I had nothing. I got depressed and food and wine filled the hole. bam.. I gained 100 lbs in about 2 years. Not a good look. I went from a 10/12 to a 22 in no time at all.

Now I am ready, ready to be a happier person. Hoping my Sleep Apnea will go away, my acid reflux will lessen, my hips/knees and feet will not hurt as much. I am soo ready!

rustimart
on 4/13/17 10:39 am - Corona Del Mar, CA

Hi AngAng,

At the upper right-hand area near your user name, there are 4 icons. If you click on the "Cog" icon which is the one that kind of looks like a flower or circle it will have a drop down menu.

In that menu is a tour that OH created that gives you simple instructions on how to update your profile. Click on that tour and it will give you a self-guided tour.

Hopes this helps!

Member Services
on 4/13/17 10:41 am - Irvine, CA

Hi AngAng,

Welcome to OH, we are happy you decided to join our community. Congratulations on moving forward with your surgery. I will send you a message and let me know what you need help with and I would be happy to help

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

Most Active