HELP! Can't stop eatting!

BlueCanary
on 4/10/17 7:12 pm

Hi- if I can share my 2 cents on the exercise- if there is any opportunity for you to get to a pool- do it! I just joined our health & fitness center & in that brief time, I have noticed a world of difference! I also suffer from depression, bi-polar & borderline personality disorder. Being in the water makes me happy. It takes almost all the weight off (I'm still pre-op) and is still very beneficial because of the resistance. Plus I can go for a full hour & not be a wreck. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment! It is by far the best investment I have made for myself...ever.

BlueCanary

Ht 5'4"

Current weight 315

BMI 54.1

Hoping for surgery in 2018

Ladytazz
on 4/10/17 9:40 pm

You have gotten some excellent tips so I'm not going to repeat that but I just wanted to encourage you to go easy on yourself. Not only is it not true that you are a bad person because you gained weight but it doesn't help you break the cycle if you are beating up on yourself.

Forgive yourself. It's only food. You didn't commit a crime, you ate some food that tasted good like every other human in the world. Keep it in perspective. I am sure you do a lot of good things and those are the things to focus on.

I find that if I continually think about bad stuff than bad stuff will keep happening so I try to look at all the good stuff I have and I do.

It's hard to break the habit of continually putting yourself down. Almost as hard as stopping the carbs. Just whenever you find yourself thinking those negative thoughts try to replace them right away with good thoughts. When you find yourself telling yourself that you are a bad person remind yourself of the good things you do. Think about your friends and what they would say about you. Think about something you can do to help someone, maybe a friend isn't feeling well and could use a phone call to see how they are doing.

Thinking about others helps take the focus off ourselves. Think about what you can do to change your thinking. Think about anything other than putting yourself down. It's not easy but it is doable.

After you have a good day without overeating focus on that and give yourself credit for the hard work.

Put your energy into finding things to feel good about. There are plenty of things we can beat ourselves up about but there are even more things we can feel good about.

Look at all the weight you have lost and kept off! That took a lot of work so you know you have done it and can continue to do it.

If it helps post here and let us know how good you are doing so we can be happy with you.

I look forward to hearing more about your successes.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

laceydore
on 4/11/17 8:20 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/15/10

Thank you for such a caring reply, I have done alot of soul searching these last couple of days, and have found my inner tough girl. I'm getting back on track, and no more bad mouth self talk. I went and bought all good food, looked up what is and isn't good protein and good carbs, and it's helped so much. I saw on your stats your weight begining and end, and we are so much alike, well, except for now, but, man I wish i was back where you are now. Maybe one day, but if not, if I only lose those 10lbs. I regained, I have to be happy with that. If I can do better, then great, but for now, I want to be set on an attainable goal of 10lbs, and go from there.

Most Active