No going back

LaurieJ64
on 4/9/17 7:19 am

Well, yesterday I bagged up all my winter and fall clothes and will bring them to the thrift store today. It felt kind of odd thinking I will not wear some of my favorite clothes again. Also have some fears of not losing a lot. Did you feel that way? I know the surgery will be this summer, June I hope, so I of course am keeping the summer clothes. I have done everything needed so far. I will meet with the surgeon on the 18th and am scheduled for the endoscopy on 5/2/17. I have hopefully one more visit with the nutritionist in May. I'm a little miffed with her because she said sometimes they have 4 visits and originally she said 3. I'm doing everything they ask me to do, so hopefully it will be just the 3 visits. My husband is now thinking of more healthy eating too, so I am excited about that.

peachpie
on 4/9/17 7:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

You're better than me- it wasn't until well after surgery that I had the courage to bag up my old clothes. I had surgery in April '15, and knew my winter stuff would be useless-- but it was hard letting go. I took great pride and expense to dress decently being plus-sized.

keep one thing for reference. I have the last item I'd bought before surgery- a pair of size 26 pants from lands end.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/17 8:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Cortes burned the ships.

You did the right thing.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/9/17 8:45 am

I don't want to sound negative, but I would wait until I had surgery before I would get rid of my clothes. Unless you hate them and really want to get rid of them no matter what.

There were few people who had to wait a year or even longer before they could get the WLS. I.e. due to some health issues that were discovered during pre-op testing, or due to their family crisis - the surgery was delayed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/10/17 2:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I didn't bag them until they didn't fit (and still have some residual clothes around). Yes, I was sad about not wearing some of them anymore. There was one pair of pants I loved when I was heavy that I re-bought in a size 8 last year, but never wore. They don't make them in a size 0. And there were some sweaters and good work clothes I was sad about bagging.

BUT it makes room for new clothes!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/11/17 6:15 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

1 - Wait until the weight is off before ditching your clothes.

2-It is toooooo sooooon to get miffed at dr's office. Ins co requirements change all the time and they may discover something about you that would complicate matters and create delay.

3-I am almost 2 1/2 years post-op, and the office staff are still big supporters of my efforts and accomplishments. They will be your best friends, and there will be set-backs. So prepared to do whatever the dr says with good attitude even though you want to scream at dr at first with all the stuff that has to be done. This is a time for "Eye on the Prize" though all the hiccups and hoops to jump through.

Congrats on cultivating hubby's interests. A friend of mine has lost 60 pounds after my surgery.

Sharon

Most Active