Fat Doctor

mi75
on 4/8/17 4:57 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

I don't know if anybody watches, but there is a GREAT resource on YouTube called Fat Doctor. It's a series from England that is all about bariatric surgery. WAY less drama than 600 lb life, it's more about the actual surgical process, follow up, etc.

They actually document the surgical process. I love this show. prior to my surgery I watched every episode and it was one of the best resources I had.

Just a FYI in case you are new, pre-op, or looking for a great resource.

CC C.
on 4/8/17 4:59 pm

Fabulous show. Barbsleeved turned me onto it.

CJ On Orcas
on 4/8/17 7:53 pm, edited 4/8/17 12:53 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Loved that show. I watched every episode before my WLS. Much less drama... but then I started saying things like "keyhole surgery" and my surgeon got a little confused with me. Shaw Somers is great, very compassionate. And those people, for the most part, are more ordinary fat folks. Some of the My 600-pound Life people are very screwed up.

mi75
on 4/10/17 12:00 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

I felt much more relatable to the Fat Doctor patients, simply because like you said, most of them are just overweight people. I was nowhere near SUPER obese pre-op, my BMI was just 41 and my life is generally low drama. I had surgery more related to co-morbidities.

I have been watching since early 2014 and I wish they had filmed more seasons. I've even looked around online to see if the DVDs are available anywhere but can't find them. I hope YouTube doesn't ever take the episodes down!

Most Active