HELP...I have a sore throat and am scheduled for VSG Monday morning 5:45am

BlueDoor
on 4/9/17 8:05 pm
VSG on 03/16/17

I wrote a post almost identical to this about a month ago. The tipping point for my surgeon's office was that I had a productive cough. I was so upset when they cancelled my surgery as I had planned for months for coverage at work and with my kids, so I totally appreciate where you are coming from. I was able to get rescheduled 10 days later. I decided that I would be glad my surgeon had my best interests at heart. They did let me go off the liquid diet and eat sensibly for 4 days in between, so it was a little better than 10 more days of liquids!

I wish you the speediest of recoveries and hope that everything goes as planned for you.

Sabrina J.
on 4/10/17 5:53 am
VSG on 04/10/17

That is a bummer-but the safest. I happen to be in the pre-op waiting room as I type this -minimal sore throat and not to much of a cough at all. Nervous, never had anesthesia-- but ready like you were and prepared. I'll be joining you on the losers bench soon!

BlueDoor
on 4/10/17 9:06 pm
VSG on 03/16/17

So glad for you that you were able to proceed as planned. Tonight may be rough, but it gets easier every day. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Snowbutterfly
on 4/11/17 5:13 pm

It probably won't be an issue. The day of my vsg I had a head cold and I have an immunodeficiency. No one even batted an eyelash when I told them.

Most Active