My 600-lb. Life - Steven and Justin's Story part 2. My 2 cents...

Kathy S.
on 4/7/17 9:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

My summary of Steven.

He is mentally ill and needs long term care in a facility.

His father needs to grow a pair and learn the word "NO".

Why doesn't someone report him and take his cat away? He can't care for himself what about the poor cat?

Shame on him for faking falling off the cart and was hurt. Look out he may sue.

Appalled when he called the police on his wonderful care give Princess accusing her of taking "his" TV.

Complaining the drug detox center didn't have WiFi.

Shame on the system that lets him spend our tax dollars that way and then mocks us on a video.

At least 15 times a month he calls an ambulance, fire department and goes to the ER.

Shame on the system that enabled him to get so many meds. When Dr. Now read that list I was appalled at the amount of money we tax payers paid for his addiction.

Dr. Phil said back in 2007 when he was on the show he was "lazy, manipulative and fundamentally dishonest."

I am all for helping but we need to step back and stop giving this guy the attention he craves, the money to enable his bad behavior/habits and what he does with his life is on him.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Terri Ott Norris
on 4/7/17 10:36 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

That about covers it...yep...

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Kathy S.
on 4/7/17 11:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/7/17 11:00 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I agree that he needs mental help & long term care in a facility, but he'll never get it. For one, I don't think he can be committed into a facility. For 2, he's reluctant to getting any kind of mental help & for 3 he's a manipulator & verbally abusive. No one is gonna put up with that mess for very long. He got kicked out of every hospital in his home state because of his bs. He treated the hospital staff like they were his personal servants, treated them very badly on top of it.

I don't think he faked falling off the golf cart, but he wasn't hurt like he pretended to be. I think he was looking for any excuse to not be an adult & look for a place of his own, he didn't want to go to therapy & he wanted pain pills. Falling off the cart was just the excuse he needed. He yelled at his father when he said to get up & walk to the ambulance cuz they couldn't get to him. He was being a drama queen & childish.

I loved that Dr Now put him in front of the mirror so that he'd look at himself & all the damage he did to himself. Also telling him all the times he got prescription meds & giving him a copy of the paperwork so its clear to him in black & white that he's an addict & now he'll get arrested if he tries the **** again.

His father needs help too, I wonder if he enables the both of them (Justin & Steven) out of guilt for not being there, or not being there enough, & have the ability to do something, while they were growing up.

As for the cat, he's a slob, but living in a disgusting home apparently isn't enough for them to take the cat away, as long as she has a roof over her head, food & water, & not be abused, it's enough.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kathy S.
on 4/7/17 11:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

But who took care of the kitty when he was gone?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/7/17 7:04 pm, edited 4/7/17 12:10 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Princess, the PA/nurse. Not sure what happened after she quit.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kathy S.
on 4/10/17 1:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I know, they showed him in the hospital for a month after princess quit

reree6898
on 4/7/17 12:20 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I fully agree with everything you said. I have been frustrated with attitudes and such on other episodes but this is the first to really make me mad over the featured person. I also was thinking about the poor cat and what happend to it when he was back at the hospital after princess quit.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Kathy S.
on 4/10/17 1:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi reree6898,

When I saw the video where he was taunting us tax payers I lost it I struggle everyday and he had the never?

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 4/7/17 12:46 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

I do have to say part 2 went a little better then part 1. I was atleast glad to see him follow Dr. Now's advice for once and was loosing weight on his own. I'm also glad the therapist went out and talked to his dad and talked him into given Steven the ultimatum of going to the ER and being alone or Not going and having the help needs. Part of me was hoping there would be a "part 3" because he seemed to be doing so much better at the end of the show. I hope his brother kept in contact with Dr. Now after the show too. Even he was doing better.

Most Active