Mind games messing with me

BETH6536
on 4/5/17 7:49 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

Today is my first day of my 2 week Premier protein drinks before surgery. I work graveyard and woke up at noon (wayyyy to early) with a raging headache. I finally got up at 3 for my gym appt. and work at 6p. On my way to the gym my mind was saying, pizza sounds good. Um, I don't remember the last time I had pizza!

At work now, drinking my lovely shake, drinking tea and water. Of course, my co-workers keep walking by me with bags from McDonalds, Chipolte, Chick fa la, and just say oh sorry with a smile.

So far, I'm good. I'm strong against these sabotagers! Hope to keep this strong the whole 2 weeks!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 4/5/17 10:22 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Day 3 and 4 are the worst. Get through those and the headaches and fatigue go away. Keep it up!

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/17 5:34 am

Our minds can really be on the crazy train. Just remember why you are having the surgery. Make a list to look at to remind you.

Think about what you will be able to do when you lose the weight.

It is not easy. But the head part is the hardest.

Focus on the big picture. Make daily goals how you are going to get there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/17 6:25 am
siberiancat
on 4/6/17 6:45 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I's is difficult. Your co-workers, family, etc are not sabotagers - they are just eating the way they choose to. Only you can sabotage yourself. You are responsible for your behaviors, actions, and what goes into your mouth.

I'm 8 years post-RNY and have had to learn to be responsible for me. I can have thoughts that others are at fault for my giving in - but truth is that I decided to go off plan. This has been a hard lesson to learn.

I have protein in my car and office, always. I will often stop at a grocery store, if necessary, and pick up deli meat, cheese, Fage 0% greek yogurt, fresh fruit or veggies, etc. INSTEAD of going to fast food joint.

You can do this!!

Best wishes,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

heidikat72
on 4/6/17 7:19 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

our brains during the pre-op diet and the first couple weeks post op are evil and seriously mess with us. I remember towards the end of the first week post op having really bizarre food dreams! Foods I hadn't eaten in decades but suddenly sounded like the most glorious thing on earth.

stay strong and just keep reminding yourself that it is just head hunger and not actual hunger. that find an activity to do to reset your brain. I did lots of coloring and knitting during that time - and a lot of walks!

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

yvranx42
on 4/6/17 8:45 am
VSG on 02/01/17

The food dreams! I had those too. I would eat something off plan in my dream, and then suddenly realize that I wasn't supposed to eat that, and woke myself up to confirm that I hadn't actually eaten it. Fun stuff!

NYMom222
on 4/6/17 7:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Honestly the pre-op liquid I think is the hardest part.

To change it up- you can heat your Premier and drink it like Hot Chocolate. I find that very satisfying and you drink it slower... Just make sure to stir periodically as you heat it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active