My 600-lb. Life - Steven and Justin's Story part 2 tonight. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Kathy S.
on 4/5/17 11:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

There was another thread on this episode and Steven. What a spoiled little BRAT! The way he treats and speaks to people was terrible. I am glad Dr. Now is using tough love with him and I hope they get him the help he needs and I don't mean surgery. What makes me sad is his brother He is never going to get help with the dynamic between his father and Steven. He needs to move out on his own and get his life back on track.

We shall see

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Readyjwc
on 4/5/17 3:07 pm, edited 4/5/17 8:09 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Steven is a 33 yr old who acts like a 4 yr old. He's a master manipulator and I'm so glad Dr. Now saw through it all. Let's see how he does in the drug rehab. It's going to be another night of him going spastic that's for sure. He needs psychological help more than surgery at this point.

I agree with you about his brother Justin. Poor man has low self-esteem and is an introvert because of how his father has interacted with Steven. That, on top of what his mother did - wow. He is the one that needs surgical help the most and deserves it. Sad, very sad.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out....

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

CJ On Orcas
on 4/5/17 10:07 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

I had tears in my eyes at that near the end conversation Dr. Now had with him. Even though Steven is craxy I see my own craziness in that exchange. "Look what you have done to your body..."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/6/17 5:03 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

The recent episodes have been bothersome to me. I dont record the series, but if I'm the only one watching TV and its on and I'm clicking through, I generally will stop on it.

I didnt see the entirety of the first part, but I saw a lot... I saw enough to become super frustrated with Steven.. Hell, and his dad and brother. I didnt see him go into rehab, but I did see he had pulled almost all the top of his hair out..

Part 2 had me just as frustrated with the guy... Once Dr Now explained all the medicines and times he went to the hospital my jaw just about hit the floor. Him posting Steven up in front of the mirror was probably the best thing thats ever happened to him. I was actually pretty proud of him for cleaning up the apartment of junk. Which is another thing... when I was my heaviest I would always drink diet sodas.. I knew I didnt need the sugar, and it didnt even taste better to me... I Was shocked at the numerous liter and 2 liter bottles of soda in HIS BED

Anyway... I'm confused by the whole thing, because my DirecTV program said it ran from like 9-11pm, but then it went into Skin Tight, so I shut it off and went to bed. I figured there was only 2 parts?

Must be another.

Do these episodes ever show like an "update"? Even my wife said she doesnt understand why they dont show them during their PRE stages, and then at the end a follow up for their after and used mine as an example. Almost like the biggest loser finale?

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

iloveravens
on 4/6/17 8:22 am
RNY on 08/13/14

The series has changed a lot these past few years. It used to follow the patients for many years but now it's only one year. In the early seasons you really cheered for the patients (remember Melissa)? She went on to work for Dr. Now's office I believe. Now it's like a circus, almost as if production is way too involved, trying to make it as shocking as it can for ratings. Just my opinion.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

heidikat72
on 4/6/17 7:16 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

I couldn't even watch more than 30 minutes of it last night. I didn't get home from yoga until 8:30 so I missed the first 30 minutes last night (but had seen the previous week). Then honestly I got so frustrated with him (and his dad!) that I had to switch the channel at 9. The drama act when he slid off the back of the golf cart and then refused to keep his appointment with his therapist because he wanted to go to the hospital for narcotics instead, just infuriated me. But I was glad the therapist told the dad that until Steven's network of enablers learns to say no to him, he won't get better.

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

Patty R.
on 4/6/17 10:32 am, edited 4/6/17 3:32 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I still have to finish last night's episode, but here are some of my thoughts/experiences. I worked in the nursing field for more than 40 years. This type of manipulation and family dynamic is more common than you may think. In the 1st episode the boys spoke alot about their Mom's alcohol abuse. I'm guessing that probably didn't start after they were born, since it appeared she had no real bond with them.

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Patty R.
on 4/6/17 10:35 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

( stupid Windows phone!!)

My guess is that the boys are suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome, without any interventions throughout their lives. Doesn't excuse bad behavior, but...

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

bigkountry
on 4/7/17 9:34 am

I went to his FB page out of sheer curiosity. He had a live FB chat after the show aired and he mentioned during the live chat that he had gastric sleeve surgery and claimed that they weren't able to show it during the episode because they ran out of time. He swears there's a picture of him on the operating table on the TLC site. He thinks they will show his surgery process at some later airing.

He claims to be only able to eat 4 ounces of food with his sleeve and that he is under contract not to say how much weight he has lost. A lot of people didn't believe him in the chat that he had surgery and thought he might be lying. Some people did believe him. I don't know what I think. He says he's not using pills anymore. I think he may be telling the truth since they threatened to charge him with a felony if he tries to get drugs in the state of Texas. I guess we will just have to wait and see. You can watch the replay of the live FB chat on his FB page.

Most Active