The elephant in the room - Mama June's Reveal

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/5/17 7:40 pm

No one will pay attention to surgery type, and really, it isn't a bad surgery, so why throw shade at it?

Uneducated people will hear WLS and assume it doesn't work.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

peachpie
on 4/6/17 12:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I get that people are shallow and won't pay attention to surgery type and yes- I'm totally throwing shade. VSG is viewed by so many as the 2nd coming of Christ. It's not that crazy- 'over the top' RNY that people hear horrible tales about. IMO VSG is getting a Botox type reputation, an easy cure for a pesky problem. We know that's not true for any surgery.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/6/17 6:32 am

It seems to me that this woman failing won't help. I don't really see VSG as having the same reputation you see.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Kathy S.
on 4/6/17 2:59 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You and I both know peachpie it's hard enough when we do it for the "right" reasons..... And it was so fast I hope she can adjust to the stranger looking back at her in the mirror.

Let's don't start a surgery war Whatever works to help us get healthy and have a good life is a good thing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/6/17 5:04 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I have to say that your comment offends me.

I don't think one surgery is better than another. We choose different surgeries for various personal reasons.

There's no reason to perpetuate the "surgery wars" mentality IMHO.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

peachpie
on 4/6/17 6:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I don't see how anyone's take away from my comment was that I was inciting 'surgery wars' (eye roll- I have better ways to spend my time btw). My thought process is that all surgeries get a bad rap, and Mama June's name aligned with VSG will put that particular method in the negative spotlight for the moment. That's all. At no point did I say one was better than the other. I've seen success and not so successful results with every method.

And I'm not on the 'she gonna fail and gain it all back band wagon' either. IMO- that's harsh. I wouldn't wish that on anyone - especially since we all know what it's like to live MO or SMO. I hope she's the 'celebrity' diamond in the rough.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/7/17 9:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You have somehow come to the opinion that the VSG has a similar reputation as Botox as a quick fix. I'm not sure what you've read or heard that lead you to that conclusion.

I understand that it's your perception. You're entitled to believe what you believe. I take offense that you would like the procedure to receive scrutiny to take the heat off the type of surgery you had - RNY.

I think we should recognize that one size does not fit all and not "throw shade" to justify our choice of surgery.

I'm sure you did not mean to insult those of us who have had VSG, but it did come across that way. I wasn't the only one who noticed.

No harm, no foul. Lesson learned

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

BETH6536
on 4/5/17 7:24 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

I'm more of an ID Discovery gal and have never seen this show. I just remember something my daughter told me about maggots in her toes or feet. Personal hygiene should not be optional.

My frustration is the lack of focus on health and self respect in the kids. I can't stand seeing loud mouth kids on tv (Honey Boo Boo et all) when what they say is played off as funny or cute when its really disrespectful and rude.

She will gain it back and say it didn't work, it was too hard, too expensive to eat healthy, blah blah. Next on Dr Phil ......

Ladytazz
on 4/5/17 8:17 pm, edited 4/5/17 1:18 pm

My own opinion is that she is a piece of **** fat, thin or anything on the outside. From what's been said she has been dating the man that molested her daughter. In my book she lost her mother card and should have been banned from any kind of publicity except to be shamed for what she did.

Her own daughter won't deal with her because of what she did. The show was cancelled (for good reason) and I had hopes we'd seen the last of her but apparently the powers that be thought she could be rebranded and sold again as someone overcoming obstacles. Please.

Also, same daughter who apparently was the victim accuses her to stealing money meant for her. I believe that as well. She seems like a money hungry skank who has sadly raised several dysfunctional children because of her greed and ignorance and deserves to be publicly ridiculed and shamed for what she did to her children.

Not given another chance at making more money off the backs of the poor children that she has already messed up for life.

Really, I cannot for the life of me figure out what passes for entertainment these days. Between her and Kim Kardashian, whose only claim to fame is a sex tape and a father that defended a serial killer, I have no hope for our future generation.

I would gladly pay good money to have the ability to completely eliminate seeing anything about her, this piece of **** and countless other "celebrities" who don't have an iota of talent and are only famous because of stupid **** that they do.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kathy S.
on 4/6/17 3:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Tell us how you really feel LT?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active