on 4/6/17 2:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I hope she does not drive!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Rachel B.
on 4/5/17 2:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

OK, OK... I WATCHED IT! I have NEVER watched reality TV. Can't manage 600lb life or anything. Some of the episodes, she had some real eye opening moments, and insights into what the journey will be. Her downfall will be the drama she brought in her life with Honey Boo Boo and all that crap. She will never escape that. She needs A LOT of therapy. So do her daughters. I like that she did put a lot into exercise. I don't like that she didn't seem to find the focus NOT to cheat. Though they took God only knows how many days and cut them into an hour episode. I agree she definitely did things way too quickly and for the wrong reasons. Someone better get those girls into some serious therapy, cos the future ain't lookin' too good for them either. And that new step mother... WTF???!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

The Salty Hag
on 4/5/17 2:39 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I think she'll gain it back and really make WLS have a worse reputation than it already has. We don't need that kind of crap.

A local news channel's Facebook page posted an article about the reveal and of course there were the stupid "but she did it the easy way" comment. I normally ignore that crap, but I posted a big long reply about what daily life is REALLY like for us. I don't think anyone besides a couple of my Facebook friends even paid attention. Lol...figures.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Donna L.
on 4/5/17 3:02 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I don'****ch the show, as I hated the title, and I hated the exploration of her daughter in previous shows. Having said that, I can't imagine doing this so publicly. I think of poor Carnie Wilson's journey. I could never do it in the public light.

For her own sake, and her children, I hope it all works out for her.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Readyjwc
on 4/5/17 3:26 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

What people will do for money amazes me! I think of children with cleft lips and other deformities that would be truly thankful to look and feel "normal". MJ should take part of every paycheck and give it to those kids! She gives truly appreciative and deserving people a bad name.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Magill2
on 4/7/17 8:09 am

I agree totally with your give to others advice. What we give we get back threefold. And... I don't mean weight! I had surgery 02/02/2017 and have plateaued at a 40 lb lost. I am following meal plan and walking 3x daily for 15 minutes. I don't know how to break the plateau. ?Additional advice? MJ, how sad. Counseling is definitely in order. Someone with more intelligence should step in.

Readyjwc
on 4/9/17 8:01 am
VSG on 01/05/17

What usually breaks my stall is either downing or upping my calorie intake a little bit to change things up. I've been lucky, haven't had too many and they haven't lasted for more than 4 days.

Great job on the 40 lbs - you should be proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

peachpie
on 4/5/17 5:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I've been watching the show. The #1 thing that drives me batty is that the motivation for doing this is to attend her ex husbands wedding. Not health, not for herself, daughters-- but to show off to her redneck ex and SMO fiancée?? Really??

I have seen some eye opening moments she's had- and I see struggles too. I worry the most for her girls- I can see the younger girl doesn't like / understand how her mom is changing-- physically and her approach to parenting them.

im secretly glad she got VSG-- let her muddy that's surgery's reputation.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Cathy H.
on 4/5/17 7:27 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

"im secretly glad she got VSG-- let her muddy that's surgery's reputation."

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

CC C.
on 4/6/17 7:26 am

I'm making the same face! I thought we were all on the same "team"?

Most Active