Almost Winning the Battle of Regain - spilling my guts!

Kathy S.
on 4/6/17 2:47 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks!!!

I still pinch myself, I knew it could be done but T it works just like 12 years ago. Not like the first year LOL but pretty darn close

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

CinBen
on 4/6/17 4:24 pm

Kathy

Great job on this accomplishment, it's awesome. Could you share what you did to lose the regain. I need to lose 60 that I have regained from my 140lb loss 12 years ago. I just can't see to get the scale moving.

thanks

Cindy

Kathy S.
on 4/7/17 11:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi CinBen,

I had planned on blogging on my profile what I did once I reached goal but got ahead of myself LOL But it's really a process and may not work for everyone. I will say it was a start, stop attempt for me for a year after I lost my husband. I did use my back to the basics list and it helped greatly. I will send you the list and may I suggest you pick one change and do it for awhile until it's habit again, then move to another one. It may sound cliche' but it works. The first thing I did was write down when I wanted to eat and what was I thinking or feeling at the time. I realized very quickly I was still in mourning and so very lonely. I had isolated myself and ate, ate ate, carbs and chocolate were my go to "please food make me feel better, please food take my pain away". Once I knew why and what I took steps to make changes..... I got our more, joined meet up groups, joined a gym again. Washed off my bike, got my weights out again and removed all the white stuff in the house. I eliminated all bread, rice, potatoes, high carb count starch. Went back to the basics of high protein, low carbs, water, water, water and move Kathy move.

Working on documenting all this and my end goal is to keep people from going under the knife again or if they do get it right between their ears before they re-arrange their plumbing "again". Exception is due to medical reasons of course

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/17 8:27 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Great job in reversing the unhealthy trend. Very inspiring to know you can stick to it. I am only 3 1/2 months post op and getting bored now. So afraid I'll start sliding into old habits. It's nice to hear those who are able to stay on track. You look fantastic. Thanks for sharing all your pictures too. - Cher

Kathy S.
on 4/7/17 12:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Cher,

Make a note of when you want to eat, please note it can take up to a year to get over those cravings and we deal with head issues for years. Get creative with your foods. Check out EggFaces site, she has fantastic recipes. I am here for you when ever you need a helping hand

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/17 8:31 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Thanks so much Kathy! It's nice to know there's someone out there. I've had more days lately where I just grit my teeth and power through. I'll check out the recipe site. I just may need some inspiration! And I love that puppy high five - that's my smile for the day!

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/17 3:53 pm

Great post! Nice to put a face with the name, too! congrats on the road back to your goal weight. You've done fantastically well!

Kathy S.
on 4/10/17 1:11 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks kairk I had an avatar on here for the longest time with my mug and thought maybe everyone was tired of seeing it I know, I know, pink bunny time

Pokemom
on 4/8/17 7:30 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Kathy, thanks so much for sharing so much detail about your challenges and successes. (Woo hook for this great success!) I am so proud of you, and consider you a great example of hard work and supportive kindness.

Kathy S.
on 4/10/17 1:12 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thank you Pokemom

Most Active