New to the process and several questions

Waterfall118
on 4/9/17 4:56 pm

What a great testimony! This group has really helped me prepare for my consultation and is helping me prepare mentally for the lifetime change.

Sherri surgery scheduled 11/20/17!

"An incredibly SMART, AMAZING, HANDSOME, SILLY KID with AUTISM ROCKS my entire WORLD." I asked my son once what he would tell people to help them know more about Autism. He said, "I would want them to know that even Albert Einstein had autism."

HW: 312

CW: 286.4

okiepirate
on 4/10/17 1:54 pm
VSG on 11/08/14

A factor you might want to discuss with your doctor is your meds. WLS sometimes affects absorption. I switched from extended release to regular (taking smaller doses during the day). If you go to www.crazymeds.us you might find people who on the same medication and had WLS. I had my surgery in Mexico and I was able to take pain med tablets and antibiotics without pain from day one.

Waterfall118
on 4/10/17 3:20 pm

Thanks I'll definitely talk to them about my meds. :)

Sherri surgery scheduled 11/20/17!

"An incredibly SMART, AMAZING, HANDSOME, SILLY KID with AUTISM ROCKS my entire WORLD." I asked my son once what he would tell people to help them know more about Autism. He said, "I would want them to know that even Albert Einstein had autism."

HW: 312

CW: 286.4

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/10/17 3:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm in the same boat with regards to medications. I had no trouble at all taking my pills! I had to change HOW I took them for a bit, but that wasn't bad. Instead of throwing back a whole handful to swallow at once, I had to split some of the larger ones and take each individual pill/piece at a time with a tiny sip of water, allowing a minute or two between each sip. It took a while, but I had no trouble getting everything down.

If your insurance covers a compounding pharmacy, you may be able to get some of your meds in liquid or chewable form for the first month. I was OK with splitting pills, but it's another option to look into; check with your psychiatrist.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active