Make ahead lunches

OriginalJones
on 4/2/17 4:56 pm

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the ideas! I am about to go and check out eggface's latest post about lunches now :-)

Knitter215
on 4/3/17 7:50 am
VSG on 08/23/16

When I'm at home, I can do anything I want for lunch, but for the days when I'm in the office my meal day (prior to dinner with the family) runs like this

Protein Shake (this morning was Chocloate Protein powder, 8 oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 tablespoon PB2 and some squirts of sugar free caramel syrup (Torani coffee syrups) for a 233 Calorie 43g protein breakfast)

I brought my Packit lunch bag (https://www.packit.com/?gclid=CIfLyu7CiNMCFciLswodsYYAow) because I don't have access to a fridge at work. It contains an Oikos Triple Zero yogurt (120 cal., 15g protein), two mozzarella cheese sticks (80 cal each, 16 g protein) and 1 ounce of sandwich pepperoni (100 Cal. 6 g protein) Usually I do deli roast beef or turkey, but I wanted to get rid of the pepperoni that was sitting int the fridge.

I probably won't eat all of this at lunch - I might have the yogurt as an afternoon snack.

Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner tonight because I have fencing (as in en garde) from 7-9 tonight - so it might be a protein shake before I go or on the road and then something light when I get home.

Hard boiled eggs are great for lunch. I make wraps with Damascus Whole Wheat Roll Ups - http://www.damascusbakery.com/our-products/whole-wheat-roll- up/ - they have 10 g of protein. I use deli meats and some cheese, some lettuce and some mayo or hummus but can never eat more than half a "sandwich".

I don't have access to a fridge or microwave at work so I'm kind of limited. At home, I often eat leftovers from dinner the night before for lunch - it's easy enough to portion.

Best of luck.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Dcgirl
on 4/3/17 8:01 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

My post-op lunch "go tos" were (I am talking the first year out of surgery):

3 oz of tuna salad on either cheese crisps or a fork

3 oz of egg salad

Turkey and cheese roll-ups

Leftover dinner from night before (turkey chili, chicken, salmon, whatever)

Chicken sausage

Honestly in those first months after surgery you will eat such a small amount, basically anything you make will last for 5 meals. It can be boring, but it sure feels great to have the weight falling off and feel stronger, lighter, and healthier every day!

Good luck!

Most Active