A Pound of Cure... thoughts?

Deanna798
on 3/30/17 6:50 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh, of course. I haven't really even read the whole book, and for all I know this won't work for me. I think that what everyone is saying in this thread is 100% correct though, that each of us are really different people, and we all have our own mental challenges to overcome. I've been continuously searching for something to help me stay on track, something that just clicks for me. I struggle so much with AMAW, and even with CAMAW because I love veggies. This is like almost like CAMAW, but instead of meat, it focuses on green, non-starchy veggies being the bulk of your intake, while maintaining a level of protein that can sustain your body.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/17 7:05 am

We all are different in so many ways. I am just not a book person. Books that are fiction or a biography I love.

I was pulled for reading my whole school life. So for me I can't focus very well.

Sometimes things click with people. If it works that is awesome. I would never say it is wrong to read something that may help you.

I can't judge anyone for finding something that can help with your weight loss. Or anything else for that matter.

Tracks
on 3/30/17 7:14 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Thank you for posting this. I am very interested to hear how you make out.

I came across this doctor's videos just this past weekend. I've only watched a couple, but I found them interesting and I found him very easy to understand.

Best of luck to you!

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

White Dove
on 3/30/17 7:57 am - Warren, OH

Good for you for realizing that you need more than the surgery to keep the weight off. Get as low as you can while you may still have some malabsorption. This never gets easier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 22 years out
on 3/30/17 8:58 am - Burleson, TX

D...OH NO!!!! Not THAT diet!!!! Isn't that the one my hairdresser's cousin's sister in law's next door neighbor's daughter followed, and then died? Or maybe she gained all her weight back? Or maybe she took the easy way out? Oh, crap, I can't remember...I read so many things, on the damn internet....

Bottom line...if you THINK this program will help, then it WILL help you, because you will follow it. It doesn't sound unhealthy, or something a human type person couldn't live with....

Please keep us posted!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Deanna798
on 3/30/17 9:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Gina! You almost made me pee my pants. I saw this and I've been sitting here avoiding going to the bathroom because I'm slacking on the internet, and you made me laugh so hard I almost peed in my chair!

Thanks.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 3/30/17 9:12 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Deanna,

I just wanted to say I hope you find what works for you. You have been part of our little "menu family" for a long time. You give so much of yourself all the time with your work, your family, your puppy and from what you post it seems you get forgotten. I noticed the other day you said you need to put your first, you're DAMN RIGHT YOU DO! For so long I have read your posts of you struggling. It truly breaks my heart as you are clearly such a giving person and care deeply for all those around you. I really hope you put YOU first for a change.

You absolutely can do this, you would not have been this successful thus far if you didn't know what to do. No matter how you do it, (AMAW, CAMAW, Pound of Cure, Atkins, or Standing on your head LOL) just put you first for a change, make Deanna a priority. If you are not at your best then you can't be at your best for others.

If you love veggies what about doing a modified AMAW, meaning all meat and veggies, or modified CAMAW, critter & meat and veggies. You sure can't go wrong with meat and say broccoli with melted cheese on it!

I know nothing of "a Pound of Cure" but wish you great success and know that you can do this!

HUGS!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

CJ On Orcas
on 3/30/17 10:22 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I am looking forward to reading your feedback. I have seen some of his videos and I also love vegetables. Unfortunately for me I also eat my weight in greek yogurt and cheese. But the idea that I can continue eating vegetables is very appealing. Fruit for me... I used to be a fruitatarian, but now I mostly do not eat it and never eat bananas or other sweet fruits. A few blueberries now and then or a couple slices of apple is my limit.

A meat eater I am not. But I am trying to get used to that life.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/30/17 11:36 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Just make sure to exclude wine in the "unlimited fruit" guideline.

I worry about you.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Deanna798
on 3/30/17 12:57 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Please, don't worry about me. There is currently zero wine in my house and I don't have any plans to run out and get some, anytime soon. (also no other booze that I'm interested in drinking)

Most Active