Protein Powders - Whey 27g protein or Organic Plant Based 21g protein

snow_white
on 3/28/17 5:24 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

Grim never steers us wrong. I am inlove with inspire protein! I also find that plant based protein makes me feel bloated.

Rny 11/11/14 HW 285 CW 130 GW 130

155 pounds gone forever

Sabrina J.
on 3/28/17 10:44 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Thanks - I bought a lot and never thought about it not feeling good in my tummy. I should have stalked this page first!!

skinny_gigi
on 3/28/17 4:20 pm

If it's from Costco you can take it back. They take back anything...

I agree with whey isolate - though i do drink premier protein sometimes as it's RTD concentrate so that convenience factor sways me -- because I can be lazy.

The carb count on the organic protein seem high (imo) as well. I find that costco carries KAIZEN Whey Isolate and it's pretty excellent. Low carbs, minimal sugar (like 1 or something) and the chocolate taste is good. When my ice maker is fixed i'll go back to using it....

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Sabrina J.
on 3/29/17 6:08 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Thank you Skinny Gigi for looking at the ingredients- Whey Isolate is the winner! Don't you just love Costco!!!!

Eggface
on 3/28/17 4:50 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Some are hideous (like can't lift to your nose hideous) so the one you can drink without misery would get my vote... over grams or type of protein even... especially as your diet varies and you are getting protein from a combo of food and supplement sources. Whey isolate is "best absorbed" but you aren't going to drop if you use a combo... just don't put all your daily protein gram eggs in one basket ;)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sabrina J.
on 3/29/17 6:06 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Whey isolate seems to be the popular vote, so that is what I will use. I appreciate your reply, your facebook page and your website, they are a great resource and inspiring! Thanks!

Eggface
on 3/29/17 1:51 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Thank you for reading them... writing them helps me keep my head in the game :)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

NYMom222
on 3/28/17 8:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you buy protein powders from GNC or Vitamin Shoppe you can return them within 30 days if you don't like them...with receipt.

I would stick to whey protein because it is about absorption.... and you can find a flavor you like or doctor it up. As others have said especially in the beginning...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Lauren010110
on 3/29/17 2:40 pm - Victorville, CA

You have to remember that this world is not "one size fits all". I try and alternate my proteins, vitamins, etc to fit my needs and tastes. I alternate between plant and whey products to a) make sure I don't get sick of one protein, b) if one lacks for any reason, the other can accommodate. But that is just me.

While everyone brings up excellent points, I personally would take the products in question to my surgeons office or nutrition expert/dietitian who knows your personal file and can better understand and explain your questions.

I have tried a lot of protein products out there, and in many different forms and there are some products I love (over others) and will gravitate to that one for a little while. there are sone RTD shakes that I won't touch, but will use the powder form from the same company.

Sabrina J.
on 3/29/17 4:26 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

Thank you Lauren--good idea on changing it up and some good points! I took it to the Dr. and Nutritionist and they said both were fine.

Most Active