Have you had a revision? If so, please take my poll :-)

Kathy S.
on 3/27/17 8:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning

I can't believe March is gone and spring and summer is around the corner.

Those that know me know I am very passionate about us, all we go through and how we live. Please take my poll and be honest. There is a personal reason I ask and will post later why and share.

This is for NON MEDICAL reason revision! Defined by a surgeon or doctor doing test/s and has confirmation there is a medical reason you have regained.

Did you have a revision?

How long after your first surgery date?

How much did you regain?

After the revision have you kept it off at least 3-5 years? (if it's not been that long let me know how long)

What if anything did you do differently the second time around?

Thank you, I appreciate your help

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 10:22 am

No... but I want one . My original surgery was NEVER designed to get me to goal weight

FindingKurr
on 3/27/17 10:58 am

Lap band in 2012 to RNY in 2016. Lost 100 pounds and regained every pound within first year-ish. I feel like the band and that program was never designed to get me to goal and keep me there. I didn't know how to use my tool correctly and I wasn't ready mentally to be successful at that time. We just didn't work together well as a team and the band became my enemy pretty quick. This time I am committed to my tool. I know I work for it just as much as it works for me. My personal life is in a completely different place and my head is in the game. I was just not ready in 2012. I want to say I even kind of felt that then. This time I have set more goals short and long term. Set more boundaries. I have read more, and educated myself more. I have joined this forum and learn from you all. My whole life has changed. I WANT this, I NEED this. I'm almost 9 months out and know how hard this is going to continue to be and I think the biggest thing that is different is I'm not looking at this as easy, fast or temporary. Sometimes its scary and sometimes I doubt myself.... but no one said the tool fixed me, right? I'm still and always will be a work in progress.. I'm finally ok with that.

Height: 5'7" Age:37 HW:340 SW:320 CW:150 GW:159 Stretch Goal:145 RNY 6/30/16

"The road is long and in the end the journey is the destination"

Kathy S.
on 3/27/17 11:04 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi FindingKurr,

I know there are some that were successful long term with the band but I feel most are having issues and it has to come out. I appreciate your comments as I am going through a personal light bulb moment and want to share and help others that have been there and not done it.

You are so right on with your thinking and new goals! Keep me posted!

Sabrina J.
on 3/27/17 8:49 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

I will be watching...I am scheduled for VSG on April 10. Are a lot of revisions done? I have been reading in this forum about not being able to maintain and GERD happening with VSG and having to go to RTNY. Yikes!

Kathy S.
on 3/28/17 10:04 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Sabrina,

I believe unless you have a medical reason for a revision it's all about the "head". Learning your basics, changing your life and living it. I did it and had it licked! I know what to do and not do. My husbands health took a front seat and the next 5 years it was about him. When I lost him it took me another year to get out of the rabbit hole as I call it. BUT....I did and kicking butt now. Stay tuned as I will be sharing my full story, hopefully inspiring and helping and yes photos "take 2"

Sabrina J.
on 3/28/17 10:49 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Thanks Kathy...I am sorry about your husband. I am glad you are back and kicking but - I have seen your activity on this forum - you are awesome!

Kathy S.
on 3/28/17 12:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Awwww thank you Sabrina Let me know if I can do anything for you.

A. B.
on 3/27/17 9:17 pm
Hi there. I had a bypass to bypass revision 8 years apart. My revision was done in may of last year. I wish I would have been told about the higher complication rate as my revision ended up with a persistent leak which was never healed. This led to lung issues, multiple hospital stays, and family stress that I'm still dealing with and a full gastrectomy. I no longer have a stomach. I don't want to discourage you but please think long and hard before taking the step. My case is probably an exception but the complication rate is higher.

TRYING IS HONORABLE FAILURE

Kathy S.
on 3/28/17 10:05 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

A.B. I am so sorry for all you went through and still going through. The reason I am doing this is I believe with my whole heart and soul revisions should not be done unless there is a medical reason. If this old lady can do it then I hope I can help others do it. Thank you for sharing and please take care of yourself

Most Active