Moderation my Arse

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/30/17 3:33 pm - Belleville, IL

No disrespect tp those whom have eating disorders....But I see it like a Drug Addict yeah? I mean, if candy or cookies are going to make you eat the whole box, why not just have NO boxes anywhere near you? That os what I would do, and believe me, I DID get fat because one or two food groups were like drugs to me, so they are not allowed in house. If the husband wants them, great he can buy it and eat it at work or in his car. I have an adult autistic son, if HE wants a certain food, again, he can keep it hidden in his room or eat it in the car or take a walk around the block and eat some. But it's not allowed in the house, they know that. smile

:)

Warmly,

Jackie

AnneGG
on 3/30/17 4:25 pm

With you. Can't, just simply can't, have temptation in my house. Thank god my husband agrees with me. Microwave popcorn is gold- I buy it in bulk at BJ's.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/17 8:56 am

For myself I know I am an addict not just with food and alcohol. I can do things that are very addictive behaviors. I really have to watch what I am doing.

I could abuse myself with many things if I start feeling like ****

I do not keep cookies in the house. For one moment I felt I was normal. When I was eating the cookies I knew I was medicating myself. So at least I know that. Thank goodness for my therapist.

Being careful with my moods. It can lead me down a dark path.

Most Active