Moderation my Arse

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 6:55 pm

Oh Jen you made my night. I am laughing after reading your post. I was in bed by myself watching garbage TV and ate the cookies.

It is funny how EFFD up we can be in our heads.

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 5:21 pm, edited 3/27/17 10:22 am

It's funny you say that . I used to make the most amazing fat and sugar free fresh gelatos with those sugar free pudding mixes pre op and immediately post op.

dumping gave me a serious aversion to sweets : I can't even make / stomach fresh fruit desserts to pay my rent these days ... hopefully I'll make is as an actor not a cook :)

peachpie
on 3/27/17 5:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Had my run in with the the Girl Scouts once this cookie season. I only ever liked the trefoils-- then I tried the Peanut Butter ones and I knew I was in trouble. I've never had a think mint-- never plan too-- I don't need any more vices.

I just have tunnel vision when Girl Scouts are around. Even if I talk myself into buying box for the troops-- I'd also have managed to justify buying a box for my son, hubby (aka ME)

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Renee C.
on 3/27/17 7:31 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Wow, it's nice to hear there are imperfect successes out there! I'm pretty early out so it's easier for me to resist, but I know that if I'm having to work at it now, it's going to be super duper hard a year from now or whenever I get to goal (if I get to goal!)

Congrats for being able to put it aside and move on.

I'm discovering that I need to even avoid meat dishes that I really like or I'll eat too much of it. Probably not as bad for me as eating sweets would be, given my diabetes, but calories are calories even when it's extra protein.

"The easy way out", ha ha!

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 7:42 pm

I think knowing I have a food addiction and alcohol has made me realize I could have utilized my honeymoon period.

I am not at my goal weight. I am still in the overweight/obese range.

Am I unhappy. No. I know I can get to my goal. I will take being a healthier person.

Learning how to focus on behaviors early on does help in the long run.

I could say that stress lead me to the cookies last night. Nope pretty much my addiction did.

The other two boxes that I bought I took to my AA meeting. I know I can not have them in my house or even in my car.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/29/17 6:40 pm - Belleville, IL

Wow....I know things like Candy Bars and the crappy Girl Scout Cookies (They changed the formula) not only taste bad but the making me sick, makes me sick....However we live in a society where people are raised to politely offer food. I have thrown away so much food it isn't funny. If someone gives me something that is sugary or not on my menu, I wait until they leave and DUMP it in the garbage can. It makes me feel good and empowered to know I DON'T "Need" crappy food....If someone gives me tomatoes from their garden or egg plant then I feel great cooking it up and eating it. Call me stupid.

Warmly,

Jackie E.

Rachel B.
on 3/31/17 9:18 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Can I like this a thousand times?!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/29/17 8:24 pm
I can eat a whole box of the samoas in one sitting (I think they changed the name to caramel delights. I try not to buy them. I don't like eating that much sugar at one time.

Scott
AnneGG
on 3/29/17 10:17 pm

Yup. Totally get it.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 3/29/17 10:19 pm
Most Active